HMS Cornwall 1/96 Sirmar Hull

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Fantastic build. Was lucky enough to have a tour of her while docked at Plymouth Naval Yard.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
WOW!!! That baby is something else.........I expect Chris (Boatman) will be along any moment now.
Rick H.:thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YEA Rick an he's here fantastic model Gregg is there any workin features on her ? an its a 1/96 scale isn't it ? an I built hms cambeltown in 1/72 scale an that was over 7ft long an sailed great anyway be nice to see her on the wet stuff when this lock down is over fantastic model
chris

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
wow, these big boaty things are very impressive

how long does it take to build something like that?.........................and where do you keep it?......not exactly the sort of thing you can stick on the mantle piece lol

First Name
Gregg
Cracking build. How long did she take to construct?
Thank you.
I originally bought her semi completed by a gentleman who had been working on her on and off for 20 years., and got fed up.
He had done a great job but she lacked detail, and he had done a few things I wouldn't have done.
No disrespect to him as we all have our own way of doing thigs
It took me a further 2 years to get her to the state she is in now, just need to get her to the lake when permitted to check her stability.
Although the previous owner had done ballast tests (masses of lead inside) and had told me all was good, I have added so much top side I need to check this out myself.

First Name
Gregg
wow, these big boaty things are very impressive

how long does it take to build something like that?.........................and where do you keep it?......not exactly the sort of thing you can stick on the mantle piece lol
Thank you for the positive comments.
As I have commented to Tim,
I originally bought her semi completed by a gentleman who had been working on her on and off for 20 years., and got fed up.
He had done a great job but she lacked detail, and he had done a few things I wouldn't have done.
No disrespect to him as we all have our own way of doing thigs
It took me a further 2 years to get her to the state she is in now, just need to get her to the lake when permitted to check her stability.
Although the previous owner had done ballast tests (masses of lead inside) and had told me all was good, I have added so much top side I need to check this out myself.