HMS DREADNOUGHT 1906

First Name
Carl
I was undecided what type of model to do next after completing my Lancaster (pictures of that to be posted shortly)
In the end I just feel in the mood for another ship after recently completing the Queen Mary 1 also.
So here we go for my first ever battleship build.. might take a while
As I'm waiting for paints etc but that gives me more time to read up as much I can.17A84F5F-2599-4BF2-B147-90E78CACC5C9.jpeg
image.jpg
Carl

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Wish Trumpeter would do in 1 350 the Iron Duke and RN battlecrusiers!

First Name
Carl
Whilst I’m on the subject of Battleships my initial plan was to start with a 1:350 Hood but then after scouring the google web I discovered this first proper dreadnought which started the whole dreadnought evolution for every other country.
But before this dreadnought was the pre- dreadnought era as everything prior would then be known as. I do like the weird and I have to say if such a model had been available I’d have started with this French pre-dreadnought battleship, Carnot in 1896. I believe it was one of several prototype ships built at the time by France and was most likely pretty awful but to me it just looks amazing.
Sadly as far as I can tell no company ever produced these as a model to build.
slightly off C9F0ABF8-0010-4F2B-894E-AF53B72C2F95.jpegFD95D76E-BCDB-4ED6-8DB6-57FD438CA5C0.jpegmain subject but thought I’d share anyway.
Carl

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Carl, have you watched Drach on Youtube? He covers the bonkers French pre dreadnoughts, mad!! The dreadnought changed everything, first turbine engines, single large caliber gun, only problem? The large RN fleet was obselete overnight lol as well as every other major warship. Ouch lol

First Name
Carl
Carl, have you watched Drach on Youtube? He covers the bonkers French pre dreadnoughts, mad!! The dreadnought changed everything, first turbine engines, single large caliber gun, only problem? The large RN fleet was obselete overnight lol as well as every other major warship. Ouch lol
I’ve watched some but can’t recall the names, I’ll type that in and see if it was one I watched. I’ve never really been a boat person but I Find the battleships very interesting and it’s amazing how many facts you learn just making models.

First Name
Carl
Yep, drachinifel was the one I watched, very interesting listen.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cracking, seen that, i really like his presentation, good sense of humour
Thats one mad ship lol

I think one was, Danton, Voltire? I know Hobbyboss do some in 1 350, totally mad design lol. Always loved battleships just never built one!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hmmm,another Ship on the way........ "Min"!! :thumb2:
Some excellent ref stuff,but more importantly,the Dreadnought looks a cracking kit;),
Andy

First Name
Carl
Cracking, seen that, i really like his presentation, good sense of humour
Thats one mad ship lol

I think one was, Danton, Voltire? I know Hobbyboss do some in 1 350, totally mad design lol. Always loved battleships just never built one!
I’ve seen the Danton 86503 & Condorcet 86505 which look interesting builds, both as you mention made by hobby boss.
I think the battleship in the pictures I attached is Charles Martel although Jaureguiberry & Bouvet also looked similar. Hard to tell some apart.

Last edited: