HMS Illustrious. 1/350 OOB build

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I got boared the other week so grabbed lusty and amussed myself with her for a few days.

Built out of the box with no extras...

Hope you like it and comments welcome as allways.

Ian M

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hmm it would apper that the new and improved photobucket has a hole in it....I will try again later.

Ian M

F

Fenlander

Nothing wrong with amusing yourself with something Lusty..... No wonder the pictures got censored though lol

C

CDW

i've clicked the button that says "move back to original photobucket"

the improved version seemed to be too glitchy at present.

awaiting lusty pictures ...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for that little til Colin. I have gone back to the old one now and the pictures now post as expected.

Ian M

First Name
Adrian
Nice build, I built the same kit earlier this year, did you have any issues with the hull sections been warped? Mine was bent all out of shape and took some getting back to correct fit.

Adrian

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
love that build, I know ive got a large Aircraft carrier for crimbo but not sure if its the iilustrious or not, I found the receipt for it and all it said was 'airfix carrier 1/350' on it just don't tell the wife lol.

if its that one im going to be a happy bunny.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Chaps.

Adrian, I was a bit worried after having read that the fit is terrible and a lot of people where having problems with it. This was also the reason I didn't splash out for the PE from WEM. As it turned out it went together reather well. OK I used a bit of filler on one side of the Hull where the bottom part lined up one side but not the other. I just put that down to the impossible to clamp shape.

Alan, Hope it don't spoil the surprise but as far as I know, Airfix only make one carrier in 1/350. Lusty. If you are interested, White Ensign do an extensive PE set to this kit, one and a halv A4 size frets of the stuff! It also includes the parts to be able to do Lusty in most of her refits, and the other carriers of the class. Bit pricy though.

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks Chaps.Adrian, I was a bit worried after having read that the fit is terrible and a lot of people where having problems with it. This was also the reason I didn't splash out for the PE from WEM. As it turned out it went together reather well. OK I used a bit of filler on one side of the Hull where the bottom part lined up one side but not the other. I just put that down to the impossible to clamp shape.

Alan, Hope it don't spoil the surprise but as far as I know, Airfix only make one carrier in 1/350. Lusty. If you are interested, White Ensign do an extensive PE set to this kit, one and a halv A4 size frets of the stuff! It also includes the parts to be able to do Lusty in most of her refits, and the other carriers of the class. Bit pricy though.

Ian M
thanks Ian it hasn't spoilt it im a big kid really who wants to know what hes got lol, I might take a look at the extra stuff I like to do things a little different.