HMS NORFOLK F230 in DRYDOCK for MAINTENANCE an A REFIT

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
As usual Chris think we are all in awe at your electrical skills and well as the modelling. Are those led displays showing voltage at a given point.
I was pleased with a simple battery and 2 lights on a build !

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Like snakes in a boat man...I wouldn't know which end of the wires are connected to which. :astonished: Great stuff Christopher.

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Mate, that’s fantastic stuff......got to ask, what are the LED read outs for (The things that look like bomb timers) ?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS i'll answer your posts in a little while as i had to leave sudden when i was postin this thread to get to the bank before a big queqe but still had to wait nr an hr but well thats how it is now isnt it just got to be patience
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN now i'll finish off postin the last pics of what i dint get a chance to fininsh postin this morn IMG_5523.JPGan here some shots of the smoke unit goin as the last time i sailed her the unit packed up or i thought it had but i just did some ajustements on that 24v unit
an ive now got it goin again the water mist is just comin out thickly an not goin very high but when the ship is out on the open water the smoke blows higher like the real ship an some say gas turbine engines dont smoke but ive seen them down at portsmouth an they do especially when they throttle the ship up to flank speed

• Love
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
As usual Chris think we are all in awe at your electrical skills and well as the modelling. Are those led displays showing voltage at a given point.
I was pleased with a simple battery and 2 lights on a build !
HI John again thank you an yes you are right about the led's displays yes thats the voltage at that given time an the one on the main batt is down to 11.9 V as at the time the motors were running an soon the battery will need a recharge an the display of 6 .30 v are bein reduced to that voltage for the lower vaoltage systems
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Like snakes in a boat man...I wouldn't know which end of the wires are connected to which. :astonished: Great stuff Christopher.

Cheers, spend
Richard
AN Many thanks to you as well Richard but its easy as all the wires have taggs on so i know where they are goin an what they are powerin but ive got to do more than this in tiger as she will have more sub systems as thats why i have sent off an waiting to hear

if i can buy a 14 channell an two rotary controll switches R/C system as as then i may have up to 20 or more functions but the shop will let me know when they can get me one an thats gonna cost an arm an a leg but might as well enjoy this tiger build as its the last big build im doin as now to old to do another so im now spend / spend/ spendin lol
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Mate, that’s fantastic stuff......got to ask, what are the LED read outs for (The things that look like bomb timers) ?
AN HI Tim yes like i told John they are the current voltages that are in use at that time an no it wont go boom lol
chris

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That looks amazing Chris. Can you post any pictures of her in action ?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That looks amazing Chris. Can you post any pictures of her in action ?

HI Colin yea i'll try as while im sailin her jen normaly takes the pics of as PaulE said of norfolk makin knots as she is quite fast i cant keep up with her walkin while she's at flank speed an there is a heck of a bowwave

but jen says it difficult to picture her whan at speed tryin to get her in the camera veiw fineder an if i slow her down then the wind catches her an she is sometime nr blown into the concrete pond wall so speed is a must but firstly i need some nice wheather now to take her to the pond as ive got some boaty mate who want to be there when she nxt sails but its not really possible to say when its gonna be a nice day so when the time comes it will be a spur of the moment thing just load norfolk into car an go as im now chargein all her batts up to be ready so fingers crossed hopefully in the nxt few days if no storms about an thanks for your nice comments an intrest
all best to you
chris