HMS NORFOLK F230 TYPE 23 FRIGATE 1/72 scale SEMI STEALTH SHIP

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES MANY THANKS to all you guys who commented on the model an if anyone want to see the build its on ships under construcktion
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A true craftsman if there ever was one. Chris have you ever contacted the Navy with photos of these ships ?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
A true craftsman if there ever was one. Chris have you ever contacted the Navy with photos of these ships ?
HI John many thanks for your comments but contact the navy no as im very shy an I don't like to have the attenshion on me as I like to keep a low profile as im ok at a show with the models because there are others there too but I don't know why im like this but I just clam up with nerves as in one model show I put out my USS NIMITZ for the first time on show an all the other modellers there about 60 or so people an guests all got togeather around Nimitz in the show tent unknown to me as I was bein hauled around by my boaty mates so I dint see what was goin on an then I was told that I was wanted in the show tent.

well i was pushed in by my freinds to see all these poeple clappin at me an i looked over my shoulder to see who they was clappin at an to my amazement it was me an they then asked for a speech an people were takein photos of me an well i just went bright red an clammed up an treid to make a run for it but to no avale as they had me surrouned an i thought i was goin to pass out from the shock an nerves so no a low profile for me in the flesh im afraid an my hearin aid was playin up so i look back at that moment with sheer horror lol
chris

• Love
Reactions: JR

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If I could give words to my reaction on seeing this build, I would have to ban myself for a month!

Excellent workman, ... no, craftsmanship .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
If I could give words to my reaction on seeing this build, I would have to ban myself for a month!

Excellent workman, ... no, craftsmanship .
HI Ian im glad you like the build an yes NORFOLK dint turn out to bad as I was pretty pleased with the result an how she sails an she looks very nice when as PaulE said she's makin knot's on the wet stuff even in the windy wheather on sheringham pond as its right on top of the cliff edge nr the sea an the holliday makers loved seein her plough thru the waves in the rough wheather anyway thank you for your comments on the model all best
stay safe
chris

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
HI John many thanks for your comments but contact the navy no as im very shy an I don't like to have the attenshion on me as I like to keep a low profile as im ok at a show with the models because there are others there too but I don't know why im like this but I just clam up with nerves as in one model show I put out my USS NIMITZ for the first time on show an all the other modellers there about 60 or so people an guests all got togeather around Nimitz in the show tent unknown to me as I was bein hauled around by my boaty mates so I dint see what was goin on an then I was told that I was wanted in the show tent.

well i was pushed in by my freinds to see all these poeple clappin at me an i looked over my shoulder to see who they was clappin at an to my amazement it was me an they then asked for a speech an people were takein photos of me an well i just went bright red an clammed up an treid to make a run for it but to no avale as they had me surrouned an i thought i was goin to pass out from the shock an nerves so no a low profile for me in the flesh im afraid an my hearin aid was playin up so i look back at that moment with sheer horror lol
chris
Chris, I can just imagine how you felt, so understand why you don't want to do that.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, I can just imagine how you felt, so understand why you don't want to do that.
HI John yes wont want to go through that again as I suffer from nerves when put under pressure an its a job to hear what people are sayin with a hearing aid with the wind blown through it makes a roarin sound an they sometimes all talk at once an I cant hack that an that's where jen comes in as she's my P/A an helps no end to answer people questions on the ship so it gives me a breathin space as I love the public seein the model up at the pond but qiute a lot of the time they wish to see inside at the workins which is nice to see there is intrest in the models an some days I hardly get a chance to sail but to me its nice to see an have a fun day out
chris

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
HI John yes wont want to go through that again as I suffer from nerves when put under pressure an its a job to hear what people are sayin with a hearing aid with the wind blown through it makes a roarin sound an they sometimes all talk at once an I cant hack that an that's where jen comes in as she's my P/A an helps no end to answer people questions on the ship so it gives me a breathin space as I love the public seein the model up at the pond but qiute a lot of the time they wish to see inside at the workins which is nice to see there is intrest in the models an some days I hardly get a chance to sail but to me its nice to see an have a fun day out
chris
God , bl**dy hearing aids, I'm like you, can't hear what most people say outside. Even wear head phones when I watch tv. Always being told not to shout ! :loudly-crying:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
God , bl**dy hearing aids, I'm like you, can't hear what most people say outside. Even wear head phones when I watch tv. Always being told not to shout ! :loudly-crying:
SNAP John but I use subtitles on the tv as my hearin been damaged by niose in a factory weldin steel all day long makin lorry trailers for about 15yrs an jen tells me off about shoutin but if you cant hear your viose very well then you don't know you are doin it do you but im better when wearin the aid but its only good in queit erea's
chris

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Of course I do Chris..............thought it was "Normal"!:rolling:
Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Of course I do Chris..............thought it was "Normal"!:rolling:
Rick H.
HI Rick I thought I was talkin normal but accordin to jen its not so we will just have plod on an get rollicked if we do talk to loud but that's life for us hard of hearin people isn't it
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN back to NORFOLK a pic of where she resides in our home in the livin room but when TIGER is finished then she will take this space an NORFOLK will get relegated to a shelf up in my man cave IMG_5280.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Another stunner Christopher, awesome result and photos :thumb2:
HI Joe cheers for your nice comments an im glad you like her an yes the photo dint turn out to bad as im normally crap at takin photos as some times I get the shakes from nerves so the pic im takin is sometimes fuzzy an not clear an sharp but thanks for lookin in :thumb2:
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Stunning build Chris.

I just wonder when you will be scratchbuilding a huge extension to your home to house your builds!

Dave
HI Dave cheers for your nice comments an yea a extension would be handy
ATB to you
chris