HMS NORFOLK F230 TYPE 23 FRIGATE 1/72 scale SEMI STEALTH SHIP

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
flippin' eck!........wasnt ready for that

i opened the thread expecting some 1:600 scale floaty boaty thing ......not that!

outstanding! very impressed
MANY THANKS Paul she looks nice on the wet stuff an I have great fun sailin her an ive got collectors wantin to buy her an my tiger but I said no but they said they are willin to wait so up to them cheers for your comments again much appreiated
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Is anybody aware of another type of language i can use to describe this ? cause the English one we use hasn't got enough words to say how brilliant this is...
it goes to prove that folk who build 'out of a box'..(myself included) are merely 'assemblers' and anybody that can do this from scratch is a 'modeller...'

Also after seeing this i'm gonna throw all my box kits away and take up crocheting.....
HI Chris an many thanks to you as well for your kind comments an this not entirely scratch as i bought a grp hull from fleetscale so this is only a 3 yr build which is quick for me but the rest is bar the helo kit CHEERS ALL THE SAME
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fantastic build that.....apart from the work involved I find it Unbelievable that you can stay focused for three years on one build.....above and beyond in more ways than one!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Fantastic build that.....apart from the work involved I find it Unbelievable that you can stay focused for three years on one build.....above and beyond in more ways than one!
MANY THANKS Tim yes there is a lot to do on these ships but im like you guys in some ways as I build each part one at a time over the three yrs period so its all little models all goin to be fitted on to make the main model over the yrs so for me the time passes so quick when im doin this type of modelin so three yrs hardly noticeable so easy to stay focused on the build for me anyway
chris

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
This a whole different league, simply awesome, a real stunner Chris:astonished:.

Modelling at its finest :thumb2: :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
chris,
I just don't have the words my friend that is simply excellent. As Ron said we have it easy.
HI Scottie cheers for sayin that an no worryies about words enough for me that you like the ship
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That's just outstanding Chris.
HI Andy thanks for your comments as well an glad you like her as when she is up the boatin lake I get people who want to buy her an also got collecter 's wanting her an tiger but I said sorry no maybe in the future but not now

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I had best get my tupence in, FANTASTIC work on this Chris. Rick H.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Words fail me as its just so awe inspiring.Think all the other guys have said what i would echo.
Stunning doesnt come close Chris.
Rich.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Words fail me as its just so awe inspiring.Think all the other guys have said what i would echo.
Stunning doesnt come close Chris.
Rich.
AN HI Rich again cheers for the kind comments you have said on the model much
appreciated as it builds up ones confidence to try an build to the best of my ability thanks
chris