HMS Rodney 1/700.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4539

Hello my Friends.
This is my latest from Tamiya and White Ensign Models with a Shipyard models wooden deck.
I did have a major cockup near the end.I was puting an oil wash on when I dropped the model and it hit the pallete with the wash,it kind of flipped up and there was wash everywhere.There was also damage to some of the railings but I managed to sort it all out.
Anyway I hope you enjoy.
All the best.
Ralph.
DSCF5452.JPGDSCF5459.JPGDSCF5446.JPGDSCF5448.JPGDSCF5463.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ralph
Cracking result. I hope mine turns out as nicely. Dropping it must have been heart stopping but all's well now. The rigging is superb. Something I've got to look forward to but not too sure how to go about it. How do you do rigging at this scale?
Great model, great base - well done Sir.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Another cracker Ralph. I love the look of these early C20th battleships - just massive gun platforms. Good save from the drop!

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Ralph
Cracking result. I hope mine turns out as nicely. Dropping it must have been heart stopping but all's well now. The rigging is superb. Something I've got to look forward to but not too sure how to go about it. How do you do rigging at this scale?
Great model, great base - well done Sir.
Jim
Cheers Jim :smiling3:.
For the rigging I have been using Uschi superfine rigging thread(John sells it) and it is about half the diameter of human hair and extremely stretchy.
I start of by gluing(cyano) one end to the first attachment point and then putting another tiny amount of glue to where I want the rigging to attach to and then with a light stretch I touch the rigging to the glue and then cut off the excess.

D

Deleted member 4539

Another cracker Ralph. I love the look of these early C20th battleships - just massive gun platforms. Good save from the drop!
Cheers Peter:smiling3:.
The first thing that went through my mind was.....for f.....s sake.

D

Deleted member 4539

Nice save Ralph. Give Southgate a ring. He may need you in the squad.
Cheers Steve :smiling3:.
I used to play a lot of football mainly Sunday league as a keeper many moons ago.
One of the sickest things I came across was that the team had a fair few injuries so the manager brought in a lad at the last minute.Just shortly after kick off I received the ball and passed it to Dennis our defender and he passed it to this new lad.This new lad completely let the ball go past him for a throw in,I said to him "what the hell are you doing?" he replied "I'm not touching the ball after a n**%\r",the manager took him straight off and I never saw him again.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI RALPH very nice build of her a heck of a lot of detail gone into this ship an glad you got through the cockup as it happens easy on any build an I think you have got the white water just right on the seascape lovely build a pleasure to look at :thumb2: ps what was your last post as I cant see anything ?
chris

D

Deleted member 4539

HI RALPH very nice build of her a heck of a lot of detail gone into this ship an glad you got through the cockup as it happens easy on any build an I think you have got the white water just right on the seascape lovely build a pleasure to look at :thumb2: ps what was your last post as I cant see anything ?
chris
Cheers Chris :smiling3:.
For the last few ships I have been using cotton wool for the white water.

D

Deleted member 5496

Lovely model & setting Ralph.

Great ship which battered the Bismark.

Just read she was commissioned with later Admiral but at that time Andrew Cunningham.

A very nice subject. It was even laid down before I was born ?????

Laurie

D

Deleted member 4539

Lovely model & setting Ralph.

Great ship which battered the Bismark.

Just read she was commissioned with later Admiral but at that time Andrew Cunningham.

A very nice subject. It was even laid down before I was born ?????

Laurie
Cheers Laurie :smiling3:.