HMS VICTORY 1:75 scale

D

deckape

Ahoy shipmates Here is another build I finished up on 4 months ago I had this kit for 38 years and its finally done.. The kit is Mantua Sergo all wood double planked the kit cvonsist of lime wood along with walnut for the second planking.., the fittings look like they came from fort knox all brass something I regret here is that I painted the intire model to represent its natural state if I had to do it all over again I would elect to paint this vessel here she is Lord Nelsons Flagship. Boats

View attachment 62603

View attachment 62604

View attachment 62605

View attachment 62606

bth_PICT0001-3.jpg

bth_PICT0002-3.jpg

bth_PICT0004-1.jpg

bth_PICT0005-1.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The photos are a little bit on the small side Franklyn, but from what I can see that is some very detailed and complicated rigging and building. Nice job.

D

deckape

Ahoy Thanks fellas for your replies I am Honored, I will post a couple more thanks for your replies. Boats:emo13:

B

Bunkerbarge

The build looks stunning, I hope you can get together some larger pictures so we can see it a bit more closely. I'm not sure what you mean by you painted it in it's natural state as opposed to Nelson's Flagship.

Lovely model though and should really be in a museum somewhere.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is a superb model Franklyn, the pictures do not do the model or your skill justice. That rigging alone would drive me insane before I even started it!

Great build from me.

Si:smiling3:

C

cryton 5

Hello
Some input ,cannt see did you use copper plates to cover bottom hull ?or spray ?
If first were best to start keel or top and work down ward ?.thanks cryton 5