HMT Resolve 1918

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Ron and welcome to the site,

That is a very fine looking tug there, had a look through the photos and that is really excellent work...you must be proud of this one and rightly so. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Any other developments in the pipeline..??

Regards......Mark.

R

ron h

\ said:
Hi Ron and welcome to the site,That is a very fine looking tug there, had a look through the photos and that is really excellent work...you must be proud of this one and rightly so. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Any other developments in the pipeline..??

Regards......Mark.
Yes Mark, but I have to resize them all first, the down load will not accept them.

B

Bunkerbarge

That's certainly a lovely model there. What method of construction did you use for the hull and where did you get 1/40th scale plans from?

R

ron h

My drawings were 1/48 and I had the sections I needed enlarged.

I made my plug and cast a matting and resin hull over it.

I will post some pictures later.

B

Bunkerbarge

Nice job, I'd be interested in seeing a bit more about the construction of this. I take it you used the Caldercraft plans to enlarge to 1/40th? Did you then have to make everything from scratch at this scale or were you able to obtain some off the shelf bits such as winches and fittings?

I've always really liked the Resolve and, as I have a Slipways Envoy and the Resolve was around through the Second World War, I would like to see the two of them on the water together. Maybe one day!!

Lovely job though and a superb model.

R

ron h

Hi, I have a few more photo,s , I will look for them.

As for the drawings they came from Imperial War Museum & The Ulster Folk & Transport Museum, my model was finished long before Jotica brought out there,s at the Blackpool show, at the show I asked why did they plank the forward deck when it was a plated deck, they said it looked nicer, what they had done was to copy the ROLLCALL drawings from British Steam Tugs.

B

Bunkerbarge

Funnily enough I have just managed to get hold of a very nice example of the Caldercraft Resolve. It is not in the same league as yours Ron but it is the same scale as my Envoy class so I would like to sail the two together whenever possible.

I'll be studying your pictures in detail, especially the ones you have posted on the Model Warships site, to see where I can possibly make improvements to mine. Any directions you could give me to relevent publications or informatuion would be very much appreciated.

I can't believe you went to all that trouble to scratch build this model then Jotika brought out a kit!!

By the way your other boats on the Model Warships site are also superb, I was having a look at your twin hatch coaster only a couple of weeks ago for thoughts on putting together the accomodation and boat platform on my Ben Ain.

R

ron h

I can't believe you went to all that trouble to scratch build this model then Jotika brought out a kit!!

Hi Like I said earlier, I had finished mine before they released there,s.

As for the coaster Norrix , I have very little left of that build because when I sold it to an Oil company in Hull , I gave them all the photo,s of the build as well.

I found some more photo,s of Resolve that I have not posted before, there from the starboard side, will have to resize them.

D

duilio

Hi

I just joined this forum to follow your thread

I need to built a similar tug as used in Malta (Respond) but in 1/600

I can built it from photos at this scale but a simple profile would be even better and it does'nt justify buying plans for such a small model which shall be a part of a diorama with Hms Warspite

Regards

David Grech

Malta