HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
TOFC yard is ready for final gardening & wiring. I've been painting & decaling trailers, trailer frames & containers for the last few months standing up in the cave & cave annex to keep off my lazy ass. Now w/spring approaching, I can go back to sitting & working military stuff.
100_4117.JPG
100_4118.JPG
100_4119.JPG
100_4120.JPG
100_4121.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
PauliE PLEASE stay on this r/w a few months longer as im enjoyin lookin at it an where are them gorgous tunnels in the hill side now as i loved that part of the layout ?
chrisb

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Upon reflection I realized I had no proper provision for refrigerated containers, so here is one.
100_4128.JPG
100_4129.JPG
100_4131.JPG
Twin diesel generators to support facility & 7 reefer containers. The genny container was modeled after a 1:1 example found on-line. The pad is painted another "new concrete" color. Cables are guitar string.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Slight distraction as noticed not enough siding for TOFC yard, so adding another. Cork roadbed nailed down, flextrack sections soldered together & ends trimmed, section of mainline removed, & turnout prepared for placement.
100_4140.JPG
100_4139.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI PaulE LOOKIN very good this layout is an i was just thinkin how many sidein or turnouts have you got on the layout an do they all work by eletric or by hand ? an just studyin the second from last pic an what is that green thing behind that silver continer ?
chrisb

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Last time I saw wiring like that there was an IED attached! Layout is looking very good indeed!
Steve

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ready for ballast.
100_4142.JPG
This green thing? One of five elements of a spine car for 40' containers or semi trailers. The middle siding has a four element spine car for trailers only & the far siding has a five element trailer only spine car. Layout has 22 turnouts, 12 sidings & four run-arounds. Due to the reduction the electicals are non-funtioning.
100_4143.JPG

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,
All looking very nice mate. Looking at that green rail truck it must have been interesting to load the trailer on to it.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The 45' semis are a little tight, but the Piggy Packers just pick'em'up & set'em'down. Not much different than dropping a container into a well car. The early TOFC flats were drive on/drive off, but the spine cars require a crane or special fork lift to load/unload similar to containers.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Bro, It looks like Choo Choo PaulE is back on the rails again. Really great stuff and it seems you still have plenty of rolling stock and vehicles to keep it going. I'm still worried that this puppy will grow and grow, until the basement is full again and you won't have room for your vehicle builds/dio works. It's all good though and just enjoy yourself Buddy!!!...

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Always a treat to see your new posting Paul, glad I watch a lot of U tube on your US railways, gives me a better knowable when I see the rolling stock.