HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
DAAAMN that piping... it will be stunning.. can't wait

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That looks like a job for the old "Rattle Can". I wouldn't want to "Hairy Stick" my way through that jungle. :thinking: That's a lot of laid pipe!
The whole layout and construction looks very well co-ordinated, great result so far.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Always available if needed Paul :nerd: Unfortunately travel is banned but methods freely sent !

Love the way this keeps evolving, the scratchery is great .

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
HI Pete thanks well ive learned somthing today dint know that
chris
I used to sell proximity switches for a living, and one of my customers made greasers. The idea was that the proximity switch would detect the outside of the wheel flange and operate a compressed-air solenoid that squirted a dose of grease onto the inside of the flange.
Pete

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul

Details West makes some great stuff used them for years

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The interesting things you learn in this hobby !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Paul, that's looking the cat's cahoonas! nice crisp detail and very clean construction. Top marks bud. Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
TOP work PaulE on this refinery I like the way you have done all the tanks different colours an all the pipein an all the safety cages around the ladders as theyre are what I need for my tiger build but I cant find any online to buy but great stuff
chris

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chris, Walthers Model Railroad catalog (it is on-line) is my USA source for most detail building supplies. Most of the piping, ladders & cages are from there. The one elevated tank on three legs is a kit from there as well. All the rest are from "found objects" ( the smaller "welded" pipe is from the little flags the lawn guy throws in the ground to warn you he just poisoned your lawn) my wife calls trash. I'll check on the maker of the larger cage kit as it would work for 1/72 as well. That is also where most of the Industrial Yard buildings & rooftop details came from. The commercial vent kit would prolly work for you also. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, Walthers Model Railroad catalog (it is on-line) is my USA source for most detail building supplies. Most of the piping, ladders & cages are from there. The one elevated tank on three legs is a kit from there as well. All the rest are from "found objects" ( the smaller "welded" pipe is from the little flags the lawn guy throws in the ground to warn you he just poisoned your lawn) my wife calls trash. I'll check on the maker of the larger cage kit as it would work for 1/72 as well. That is also where most of the Industrial Yard buildings & rooftop details came from. The commercial vent kit would prolly work for you also. PaulE

OK PaulE CHEERS AS I NEED some ladder cages for my tiger up the masts an funnells as they are 6 inches tall so I need some fairly big ladder cagers
chris

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Those large ladder/cage kits are easily extensible. Unfortunately I didn't save the wrapper or the instructions, but I'm sure they're still available. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Those large ladder/cage kits are easily extensible. Unfortunately I didn't save the wrapper or the instructions, but I'm sure they're still available. PaulE
HI PaulE THANKS for your info on them ladder safety cages an yes I found up the
Walthers Model Railroad catalog on line but in the end after a bit of searchin on line I managded to buy a pair set on line from Scale Model Scenery a bit dear but on my tiger it will be worth it so im a happy bunny
chris

Last edited:
Reactions: JR