HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My first Hornby 3 rail could be run using a large battery, which didn't last long.:smiling3: The track came was oval, it was great fun adding to it each birthday and Christmas. At least the family knew what to buy.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm baaack. Ran out of room to build more dios, so must work the train to make more space. Refinery & control modules need to be finished & placed before further progress is possible on layout or military dios. Progress pics soon. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HOOOOOORRRRRAAAYYYYYYYYY PaulE ive been missin this railroad an now lets see plenty of pics of whats happening
chris

• Haha
Reactions: JR

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Some pics of getting ready to place refinery & control modules. Refinery is here w/o backdrop.
100_2505.JPG
The refinery will be just to the left of this industrial module.
100_2503.JPG
The control module goes between industrial & container modules.
100_2506.JPG
C&Cs welcomed. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice to see it goin again PaulE an i love that oil refinery great stuff
chris

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Lots of nice muscle cars on this module Paul. Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great to see you back at this Paul!

ATB

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes good to see it return, esp the Oil Refinery as Chris says, sme great modelling there Paul.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI PaulE some great work there an lookin very realistic but what is the M.O.W. ?
Chris

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Maintenance Of Way yard. Term applies to storage area for tools, & materials for maintenance of RR property, track, electronics, etc. Rolling stock first & maybe second level maintenance can sometimes be performed at these locations. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Maintenance Of Way yard. Term applies to storage area for tools, & materials for maintenance of RR property, track, electronics, etc. Rolling stock first & maybe second level maintenance can sometimes be performed at these locations. PaulE
WELL PaulE thats something ive learned today cheers more pics please an is there a open an closein hatch any where at the back of the layout as i found on my layout it was a heck of a job to get right to the back of the layout when i wanted to clean the track as my ole ZERO 1 COMPUTER would not run the trains if a dirty pickup on the tracks
chris

Last edited:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I can reach all but about a foot of the rearmost industrial sidings where no loco goes. I've found cleaning the wheels of the locos is waaaay more problematic than keeping track clean. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I can reach all but about a foot of the rearmost industrial sidings where no loco goes. I've found cleaning the wheels of the locos is waaaay more problematic than keeping track clean. PaulE
YEA Paul i had that problem an i used meths to clean my wheels an have you got a eletric track cleaner in your layout as i never did but when i went to M/R SHOWS an say its very good not sure how it works but one guy said the unit sends a negitive eletric pulse through the tracks an it repels the dust
chris

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Waiting on North Wall backdrops from Walthers before mounting refinery module so MOW module will come first. PaulE

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great photos Paul, that's certainly some size . Glad Chris asked you what MOW was , I'm another that was wondering.:smiling3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
MOW looks good Paul........made a small cradle years ago with 1X4s and Felt cloth, used an old power pack to drive the loco wheels while inverted and went after the wheels with a "Brite Boy".....done in minutes. Rick H.