HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Hi Paul, wowI love your Mow siding as well, idea for my layout, I spotted your refuelling and sanding dock, could you take a closer of of it, many thanks, agree like your staging yard too, I plan to build a vertical staging yard that ill go in the garden shed, and part of the branch line.

Keep the pics flowing Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOW PaulE
THATS some layout an you are doin what i wanted to acheive with 6 lines of track which ones are the main lines goin through the layout an what are them yellow rolling stock whats their funktion ? an im enjoyin just looking at your layout pics an picking out whats what as i see you have a crane there also brilliant but more pics please an some closeup's of them yellow wagons as they look quite instresting
chris

First Name
John
I think the right word is 'challenging'. I'm fine with the general layout and scenery etc but the wiring defeats me so I decided that for me at 80 I'll give it a miss. I'll follow your progress with much imterest and admiration. John

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chris, the third track in is the main. They are from lft. to rt. tool car, sleeper car, & kitchen car for track maint. crews. On flat cars from lft. to rt. are ballast dresser/tamper, tie cutter, speeder, tie crane, tie trailer, spike puller, & laser guide. The heavy & medium cranes w/tenders are in the background. PaulE
100_2510.JPG

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks John. You can keep it simple if you hand throw non-powered turnouts. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI PaulE THANKS for the exslainations on them yellow cars an all the other maint gear you are maing this very realistic an i am enjoyin this cant wait to see a full lenght train running through here brill an im still lookin at the other stuff layin around in their sideings
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Test fitting recently arrived Instant Horizons backdrops 2 of 8 to be used. PaulE
View attachment 397528
YEA PaulE that backdrop really sets the layout off as its looks like its goin into the distance great stuff this model railwaying an im enjoying this as there is so much to see everytime i look at the layout i see something different keep up the good work an more close up pics please
chris ex modelrailwayer

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Test fitting a new arrangement of backdrops before installing refinery module on the left of industrial module. PaulE
View attachment 397682
View attachment 397681
NOW PaulE THATS what i call moddeling if only when you took the pic that you just got the background pic into the pic frame with the oilrefinery then id say it was a picture of the real thing brilliant work
chris

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Been working MOW misc vehicles & West1 module backdrops (in background) as they have to be installed before the refinery module. Some store-bought, some Trident, some Athern conversions & some scratch built WIP. Oh, and the brick factory module replaced by the refinery. It will carry the 105mm motorized battery in action dio maybe. PaulE
100_2525.JPG

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Refinery installed. Backdrops temporary except West1. Couldn't resist laying some track. Tough keeping to 2% grade std.
100_2526.JPG
100_2527.JPG
100_2529.JPG
100_2530.JPG
Siding in foreground goes to hidden staging West. The other two runs are inbound & outbound mainline continuous run & access to hidden staging East. C&Cs welcomed. PaulE

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
wow that is one hell of a resurrection.... fantastic...