HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Chris. Most will be manual as I lost patience after ten due to the large amount of turnouts (currently 28) and assoc. wiring. The actuating switches are momentary so have a label at each position showing where it was left, through or shunt. PaulE
Sorry Chris, thought I posted this earlier.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks Chris. Most will be manual as I lost patience after ten due to the large amount of turnouts (currently 28) and assoc. wiring. The actuating switches are momentary so have a label at each position showing where it was left, through or shunt. PaulE
Sorry Chris, thought I posted this earlier.
HI PaulE cheers for answering my question an you might have done as i now remember that i think i asked that a while ago but ive got a rotten memoriey gettin on im afraid but it looks like you have got it all covered so no crashes
great stuff this railway
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
COR PaulE that looks great with the blendin background lookin at it i cant see the join really fab railroad moddeling i take my hat off to you Sir an i love to see in your dummy loco now how about the real loco as have you got a engine both ends ? as some on a layout i was lookin at in a model railway show had them so they pull bigger loads

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys. Tried helpers on older layout w/o success. Broke a lot of couplers. Now use dummies for consists and shorter trains. PaulE

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul. I think it will pay off looks good well worth the effort

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking good Paul, the variegated ground cover is a real eye popper......was that accomplished with different foliage media or did you use pigments? Either way it looks the Bomb! :thumb2:
Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Rick. 'N' scale grey ballast to hold sleepers/track, sifted dirt from the back yard, med. green sawdust, dark & light green foam flock, in that order for non-ballasted areas. My recipe for non-forest/meadow, unmaintained ground cover. All held w/mix of Elmers (PVA), water, alcohol & Dawn (dish detergent) applied by eye dropper (50/50) with final misted (20/80) over all. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
"The Corner" is still nagging at me, so did some work on it, view block rock cut & dirt access road.
Finishing corner industries & working tunnel portal.
100_2604.JPG
100_2607.JPG
Rock cut view block so you can't see continuous run train coming up from below & source of access road for grain trucks.
100_2605.JPG
Lower dirt access road (to keep derailed trains from going to the floor).
100_2606.JPG
C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sure is taking up a lot of time. All of the materials have been stockpiled over the years. Knocking 7' off the south end will assure I have enough of everything to finish with extras to be used for more military dios :smiling3:. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Makes sense to me....Like how it's shaping up Sir.
Rick H.