HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Scottie. I'm pretty committed to this, but miss the military stuff. Maybe once the yard is troubleshot & in place I'll take a break & do a Sherman company. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
IMO it is good for the Mojo to step back once in a while and involve yourself in something a little different. The best of both being a military RxR with military loads!;)lol. Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have about 18 usable. May not have enough modern armor to fill'em:smiling:. PaulE

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
IMO it is good for the Mojo to step back once in a while and involve yourself in something a little different. The best of both being a military RxR with military loads!;)lol. Rick H.
Yeah that’s what I’m doing in 1/48 O scale and having a blast doing it

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
According to Athearn it's a GP38-2. I use it for locals. The coolant sight glass is on the other side. I have another one, w/rerailers hung on it, I use for a yard switcher, two SD40-2s in a double consist for heavy road work, a CW 40-8 & a GP40-2 for fast freight. These are all Conrail. PaulE
Thanks Paul I stand corrected sorry Rick I’m getting old I have the exact same one Paul that chicken wire grill always throws me off

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Paul, throw in a few Hummers, Bradleys and some heavy trucks and you have it made. Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Paul

Just been catching up on this and it really does look the part. Keep up the good work.

Andrew

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks for commenting gentlemen. That would fill them Rick. It's the tie downs that are a PITA. The wood blocking can be fun, but the chain work in this scale is tough. I also would have to prep them for travel. Closing hatches & removing weapons. We'll see how it goes after it's running. Don't want to get off mission right now. PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Loving it Paul , keep the photos coming.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Working the light maintenance sidings. Sand, fuel, brake shoes, MU cables, etc. & light repairs. More intense repairs/troubleshooting would put them to the next level "out of service" into the MOW yard or on to a regional depot depending on issue & facilities.
100_2077.JPG

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Got the lighting wired up and the testing was anti-climatic in that everything worked OK. I must have my +s & -s switched between modules somehow. Will know for sure once the yard is in place. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you gentlemen. Decided to go ahead w/engine rebuilder complex so big stone building is on the bench for some paint. Once that & sand tower are done I will place the module & retest as the short must be in the control panel wiring somewhere. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
While gazing upon my work w/my first cuppa this morning I noticed to do train assembling I would foul the mainline repeatedly, so promptly redrew the Industry/Maint. Yard module w/main & passing tracks reassigned. This will necessitate adding a turnout but shouldn't require any wiring changes. The change will also streamline activity around the grain elevator & tank farm complex when they are installed. PaulE