HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
All piping, backup generator house, yard ofc., pump house, & loading platform are now complete. There are some railings & the containment berm to go before gardening. After almost a month of 4 to 8hrs/day effort the end is in view for this "simple tank farm to fill the corner". This result wasn't as clean & tidy as I'd hoped, but it was a great learning experience. I learned to stay away from petro chemical plants. PaulE
100_2110.JPG
100_2111.JPG
100_2115.JPG
100_2114.JPG

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is a Beauty Paul, I hope you highlight it with some good lighting effects so it doesn't get lost in the corner. Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you gentlemen. The wires are really, REALLY, teeny-tiny. Getting these little beggars wired up in parallel & linked to the other lighting W/O going insane will be a challenge. PaulE

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice bit of fencing Paul, looking forward to some gardening. Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI PaulE LOOKIN GOOD im enjoyin lookin an studyin this refinery what did you use for the pipes was it plastic sprue off the kits ?
chris

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Paul...what an embarrasing miss. Was looking for railway inspiration and stumbled on this epic build. You sure you're not from one of Gerry Andersons team(Thunderbirds, UFO, Captain Scarlet...) :smiling3: The last block with the plumbing looks certain for one of his shows catastrophic explosions.
Fantastic comeback and deservedly so too as it's a joy to see it coming together.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2: I envy the space you have but what intrigues me is the lack of dust and cobwebs for a 30 year old storage. I guess the closed and insulated homes in the west keeps this at bay.
Planning must be a minefield but it's now at the stage for some gardening and weathering so I'll find a seat with the others...the refreshments are long gone and with the COV-19 don't bother going out to get any, consuming the build is food enough for me.:smiling2:

Stay Safe and Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you very much gentlemen. Your support is important to my mojo, especially during this health crises. Rick, the fencing was a soft metal kit already distressed from Scale Structures, Inc. Chris, Walthers provided a piping kit for the medium & large valves and piping as well as a kit including smaller piping, valves & tankage. The little flags the lawn service leaves provided wire for the small piping. Walthers also was the source for the ladder, railings, cage kits, & the loading platform. All else was "found objects" & scratchery. Richard, all the benchwork was hoovered before being brought in from the garage & the structures/kits were all boxed up & sealed when the layout was taken down in the 80s. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Its lookin very realistic PaulE SOME GREAT WORK you are doin an as Richard said just lookin at this refinery im imagineing some catastrophic explosions.like in thunderbirds as at the moment we are watchin in the evenings all the episodes of thunderbirds an we are enjoyin watchin them beats most of the junk on the normal channels
chris