HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Yeah Dzohn, Tony's going to DCC which allows what you mentioned. My locomotives are too old to convert so I'm stuck w/analog and one per controller. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Paul, Lovely work the pictures certainly show the size and work you are putting in to it.
Well said Scottie he has put alot of effort into this railway i remember doin mine an it was bloomin hard work at time but to see it all goin more than made up for all the sweat an sometimes tears an more pics please PaulE
Chris

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks gents. Further testing with spine & container rolling stock required ripping out & relaying ..^%$#%^.. troubled 'bad grade curve' last night. PaulE

• Sad

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Cut them 85 footers in half and install articulating hinges !!! :nerd: .........I was lucky, the railroad I was modeling was a single commodity carrier and I didn't have such headaches to plague my operations. A little track realignment is good for the old blood pressure:thinking: I hope you hadn't ballasted it yet. I am really liking the progress that you have made on this........it's now light years ahead of when it was all stacked up in your garage. Trains running by Christmas and your Birthday would be a "treat"........one step back, two forward.
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
......"And away we go"........Looking good Paul, the gardening should be more entertaining for you. Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
LOOKIN great PaulE the scenic scene is all fallin into place an very well done as im enjoyin watching this take shape as i miss my railway so keep up the good work
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love the building bottom right in the first photo, just add that certain something to the build .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Lookin really good PaulE an i love that little shed at the bottom really sets the scene that with some trees up an what not wish it was me doin this as i dint get this far on my R/W great stuff keep on chuggin
chris

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's shaping up nice Paul.......you'll have traffic through there soon I expect....as a point of interest, assuming that the lower tunnel is for traffic on the right 'o way, might I suggest a small bridge "catty corner" so that vehicular traffic might continue on without falling off the edge.:thinking:....just a thought. Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Trying to figure out south tunnel exit on the South 4th curve/straight before ballasting it. Lower access road was a spermodamomentthang so not well thought out. You might notice a portion of the four'n'ahaf foot bridge complex that was going to bridge the cut or hold the fourth curve/straight, but couldn't work out the supports, so back in the box it goes.
100_2645.JPG
C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice to see a bit of colour comin in on this build PaulE an could we see a pic of the bridge that you coul not fit in just like to see what we missed ?
chris

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Starting to work east tunnel portal positioning. The first shot shows the wheel flange lubricator as well.
A couple shots of the bridge complex. Remember, I shortened the plan by 7' so this was a better fit to that plan. A whole farm was eliminated as well.
100_2650.JPG
100_2651.JPG
100_2652.JPG
100_2648.JPG
100_2649.JPG
PaulE