HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I just realized it has been over a year since I've been at this particular project. I should prolly take a break & do something military. PaulE

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Stick with it until you get the trains running Paul, unless you feel in need of a break that is.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well, started painting & SWMBO commented my organizational skills have diminished w/age as I'd secured the processing plant before finishing the mountains causing much cursing and brushing up on wet paint w/clothing. The white is where I'm still not sure of result. C&Cs welcomed. PaulE
100_2722.JPG
100_2723.JPG
100_2724.JPG
100_2725.JPG

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Even after leaving off seven feet of the plan, the layout is taking over the man cave leaving barely enough room to work on it.
Gardening supplies deployed.
100_2726.JPG
Tree building tools/supplies deployed.
100_2727.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh you have to carry on Paul, it's nearly there. Have you tried any train runs yet ?
Think it looks top rate, and the mine part is really good .

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks for the support JR. Not since I tested the industrial section & found an open in the run-around & a short in the main. The container section tested OK. The Cut & The Mine sections are not yet wired so The Continuous Run is not fully wired. PaulE

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Paul

Apologies for getting behind on this. It really has come on very well and the mountain side has turned out very nicely indeed.

Keep up the most excellent work.

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YEA PaulE STICK AT IT PLEASE as its now getting very intresting TO SEE the mountains all comin together an will there be some hint of green grass on this anywhere as grass grows in the most impossible places but please keep goin on this if you can as im enjoyin this an so are the guys as if you leave off now i'll proberly miss the next instalments an never see it finished an trains runnining

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YEA PaulE STICK AT IT PLEASE as its now getting very intresting TO SEE the mountains all comin together an will there be some hint of green grass on this anywhere as grass grows in the most impossible places but please keep goin on this if you can as im enjoyin this an so are the guys as if you leave off now i'll proberly miss the next instalments an never see it finished an trains runnining
chris

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you very much for your support gentlemen. My normal process is form, paint, rocks/scree, grass/weeds, deadfall, bushes/braken, trees, final details. It is currently in transition from the paint to rocks/scree phase. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
PaulE THIS IS JUST FABULAS to me it seems that i can hear the locos roaring out of the tunnel if i imagine hard enough just by lookin at this layout brilliant work an keep it goin great stuff this :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
chris

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,
Just had a good catch up. This is coming on very nicely so please keep it going. The shear faces look very impressive.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Those lastest photos show how much you have achieved, looking the part Paul.

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Started rocks/scree & grass/small bushes above west tunnel. Closeup shows some paint touch-up needed on rock face. PaulE
View attachment 411138
View attachment 411139
HI PaulE, yeah agree what you are saying with permanent layouts taking up room , I had that with my last layout took up the whole pergola only enough room between modules, wanted to expand but with the expensive timber prices stopping that idea . Then I discovered garden 00/HO scale railway , nearly finished then we had to shift, now it is too hot and weather is unstable .

Keep the good work up and plenty of pics, Tony.