HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you. Trees on hold for a bit. PVA (Elmers Glue) is hard to get. I think home schoolers are sucking up all the supply. Ballasting & gardening use quite a lot, but trees use even more as there's additional waste w/dip method. PaulE

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Have you tried builders merchants Paul? It’s a good source of supply in the UK.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
No doubt, but they're in the burbs. I'm trying to just buy local during these trying times & local (within a mile or two) builders supply houses are wholesale only. My local hardware store will get some in soon. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Elmer's acquired. Trees started, but 10 trees/hour is too slow. My old process was faster but took lots of space now taken up by the layout. Some pics below w/o undergrowth.
100_2747.JPG
100_2745.JPG
100_2746.JPG
C&Cs welcomed.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That really is looking very good indeed Paul and is coming on very nicely.

Keep up the great work.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Shouldn't worry about how long it take Paul, getting it right like they are takes time. Looking really good.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Paul this is turning out really fantastic! The trees and scenery are really making this whole thing pop even more than the buildings, tracks etc.

and as Oliver Twist once said… “Please sir, I want some more”
KEEP THE GREAT WORK COMING

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Lots of hard work on display there Paul.......starting to pay huge dividends....nice result Sir. :thumb2: Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI PaulE this is just fanstatic an you hav'nt gone into overkill an i love all the pics but the one i like the most is the one where your tea mug is on pity that was there but this model is goin to be one of the greats in my opinion this is how i envishioned my railway was goin to be like when i was doin mine but it dint happen but you have done it very well done sir an more pics please as im enjoyin just looking at the pics an imagining it all working an to me its comin to life brilliant work :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
chris

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is proving more difficult than foreseen, so I've been adding trees & undergrowth here & there in between gazing at the M.O.W. section, trying to visualize what I had planned when I laid it out back in the eighties. I will go back to military if I get stuck, just to clear my thinking & clean up the cave, as it is really cluttered w/scenery materials right now. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
This is proving more difficult than foreseen, so I've been adding trees & undergrowth here & there in between gazing at the M.O.W. section, trying to visualize what I had planned when I laid it out back in the eighties. I will go back to military if I get stuck, just to clear my thinking & clean up the cave, as it is really cluttered w/scenery materials right now. PaulE
PaulE this is just my opinion you are doin great on the tunnel but i think you are tryin to hard an its causein you in your mind confushion in nature things are all over the show SO let your thinkin just flow an not try to get everything right as SO FAR this is wonderfull just keep chippin away at it an it will come
chris

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You're right Chris, I'll just forge ahead the way it is & just finish it off. PaulE