HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
No, never needed it as it always stayed near or above 55F (2 weeks of single digit lows have brought to 41F). When a cold snap would make it slightly colder, I'd move operations into the Cave Annex(aka Mom Cave) where there is HVAC, but w/layout taking so much space, the annex is full. A tidyup is definitely called for. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Down to 40F but put on sweater & attacked fencing & concrete. Can't paint yet but Testor's gel seems to work OK.
Guardrail progress w/bamboo skewers as uprights.
100_2767.JPG
Might use I beam uprights on this section
100_2768.JPG
Some gardening & fencing to do yet
100_2766.JPG
Mo'fencing. You may notice naked power poles lying about. I'm considering a mix of underground & above ground electrification.
100_2765.JPG
C&Cs welcomed. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
A lot of little pieces/parts......BTW is there any room left in the "Man" cave for model building or have you relocated your work bench to the "Mom" cave? :thinking: Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
COR PaulE how much per night to stay in the hotel upton lol this is comin on great an im enjoying just lookin at the scences brilliant modeling at its best an will there be room for the ole wooden tresle bridge at all ? im now gonna sit a while an just study your pics as to me it seems to come alive thats how real this is lookin to me dont know about he guys but i love this railway like it was my own VERY VERY GOOD WORK PaulE
chris

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Rick, there's about four square inches on the MOW section to work on models. Just enough for small stuff. Buildings need to be finished in situ.
Chris, thanks, sorry no room for bridges.
I really need to clean up the mom cave so I can move operations there. It was Christmas gift storage/wrapping central for the holidays. PaulE

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Paul
i hope that you are staying warm like I am as well here in OH.....brrrr... and all of this white stuff that continues to fall every week....enough already. Right??
The updates on this layout continue to get better and better. I think that maybe a drone flyover may be in order after completion so that we can take it all in...no pressure to do that of course...keep up the great work..absolutely love this thread

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Joe. Making sure I have enough material to finish. Match sticks are potential blocking for loads.
100_2769.JPG
Bamboo is a PITA to saw so just did this section w/them.
100_2770.JPG
Will use supplied I beams on the rest. Progress pic.
100_2771.JPG
Finished station parking lot fencing except for paint.
100_2772.JPG
C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul fantastic system, you've really made a impressive layout.

One thing does bother me is the remark about tidying up !

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys. I know it's against our nature Dzohn, but I can't move down there w/o knocking something over or down. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Only 12 hours off & on of measure, drill, pound, place spacer, glue, remove spacer, repeat, excitement to complete almost 10' of guardrail. Some signage to break the monotony. Some pics.
100_2775.JPG
100_2774.JPG
100_2773.JPG
MOW section working.
100_2776.JPG
C&Cs welcomed. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Details......as far as the eye can see! Bet you will be ready for some down time at the old hobby bench once you have completed your "Small World". Getting better every time I see it. :thumb2:
Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Paul

Just had a quick catch-up after getting behind. That really is coming on a treat. Very well done.

Andrew

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you gents.
Rick, I am looking forward to the Brick Factory dio w/early German arty & armor, and the US med. tank & TD co.s to complete on the to-do list. Maybe once I tidy-up. Now you've brought it up, I still haven't finished the BW FOB, Blacksmiths' Shop, or the Lighted Repair Shop. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's quite a list....should keep you at the bench till Spring at least. :cool:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well, if you start digging now, it might take only a few weeks....there's always a chance of uncovering something of Historical significance........in which case, of course, the Archeological team would have to be called in and this would slow down the "Dig"..... :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOW PaulE its just like my bench stuff everywhere lol great work on the railway an looking forwaed to more :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
chris