HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Oh Yes!! The old "Warbonnet" paint scheme........we'll never see that again.......not P. C. :thinking:
Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Tony, I thought I'd dig out my version of Santa Fe passenger opulence complete w/grabs, close coupling, windshield wipers & lift rings. PaulE
View attachment 420369
View attachment 420368
HI PaulE NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A TRAIN as i love this coloures red yellow an all silver that was my fav train love these streamline trains an all the silver coatches an the one with the obesrvation glass in the roof brilliant can can we have more angle shots of the loco an the obseservatin carrige as i love these i was once hopein to do a amarican layout with this on but it never happend an why is it not P/C ?
chris

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It has to do with Native Americans feeling oppressed...........I dare not say more.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Don't know generator cars Chris. There is an A & B unit locomotive, both have steam generators in the rear. There is a baggage car, then a USPS (United States Postal Service) car, and then various passenger cars including an observation car at the end. Actually, the USPS or RPO (Railroad Post Office) as it was called should be the first car as it was inaccessible to passengers. My bad. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
During the "gangster era" of the 1930s mail robbery became an issue & the President authorized the USMC (Marines) to guard the mail, especially on trains & trucks. These were the orders given to these troops by their commanding officer.

O the Men of the Mail Guard, you must keep your weapon(s) in-hand and, when attacked, shoot and shoot to kill. When two Marines are covered by a robber, neither must put up his hands, but both must immediately go for their guns. One may die, but the other will get the robber, and the mail will get through. When our Corps guards the mail, that mail must be delivered, or there must be a Marine dead at his post. There can be no compromise.
When necessary, in order to carry out the foregoing orders, you will make the most effective use of your weapon(s), shooting any person engaged in theft of the mail entrusted to your protection.”

During this period of protection NO mail was stolen.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
When people know you mean business, they usually leave you alone.........that is if they have more than two brain cells touching each other. :thumb2: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yep.....that's closer alright......gonna be one busy railroad.....probably take sommers between 3 and 5 operators to make it all happen! Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yep.....that's closer alright......gonna be one busy railroad.....probably take sommers between 3 and 5 operators to make it all happen! Rick H.
YEA Rick it is gonna be a busy R/R an i love it to see all the tracks laidout an the flatcars with their containers on WELL just the whole R/R i think is fab an as you say need 4 or 5 operaters so i think PaulE IS GONNA need to grow another pair of arms lol
chris

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
..........and closer yet. Trying out different concrete treatments & finalize structure placements.
100_2825.JPG
100_2826.JPG
This area has been partially weathered.
100_2827.JPG
100_2828.JPG
C&Cs encouraged. PaulE