HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Really is fab PaulE THERE is so much to see every time i look at it i
see something different brillant work
chris

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul Nice find. If you need a pic of stacked 53’ chassis that they put on a rail car let know. Here’s something you might can use I took the other day in St. Louis it’s a special design flat car with a rail Switch on it. A1EDD154-D982-4754-962A-5452FA415667.jpeg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Paul Nice find. If you need a pic of stacked 53’ chassis that they put on a rail car let know. Here’s something you might can use I took the other day in St. Louis it’s a special design flat car with a rail Switch on it. View attachment 424334
At last, a use for train set set track!

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys. I'm sure it will. I just needed a military fix as I've been reading military stuff lately like 'Tank Rider' by Evgeni Bessonov, 'Panzer Destroyer' by Vasiliy Krysov, & 'Red Army Tank Commander' by Vasiliy Bryukhov. Dzohn would enjoy these I think.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice.....when I was modeling the DM&IR I was buying these by the case from MDC. They were fun to build and detail. Only problem was they suffered from extended coupler pockets and did not look correct for a supposedly close coupled car. Seems you don't have that problem with this car.....is it modified or a different mfg?
Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Don't remember buying this type MDC ore car, only have some repurposed Athearn & Roundhouse boxes left, trashed the rest. I have four different types, two modern & two older bottom dump types like this one. I use #5 Kadees. Tried closer couplers, but they couldn't handle 18" rad. turns.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks guys. I'm sure it will. I just needed a military fix as I've been reading military stuff lately like 'Tank Rider' by Evgeni Bessonov, 'Panzer Destroyer' by Vasiliy Krysov, & 'Red Army Tank Commander' by Vasiliy Bryukhov. Dzohn would enjoy these I think.
Thanks for those titles Paul, I'm sure I would esp if they non fiction. ? If they are I'll have a look on Amazon Kindle.:thumb2:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
They are authored by the dudes who were in it, can't vouch for accuracy, but are supposed to be true accounts.