HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH Cheers Lee at least there will be one layout on here then as ive always loved model railways an i would build one my self if i had the room an not buildin tiger
ATB
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul and Lee.
A great shame from our point, I used to love checking in to find a up date. Such a lot of work and dedication to great layouts
I do agree however with Paul about the fun of the build, I find this with a simple dio, but to think of the size of yours and Lees it has life in the movement so its a pity.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul and Lee.
A great shame from our point, I used to love checking in to find a up date. Such a lot of work and dedication to great layouts
I do agree however with Paul about the fun of the build, I find this with a simple dio, but to think of the size of yours and Lees it has life in the movement so its a pity.
Yes Paul put a lot of work in it I wish he could down size it and move it but that’s easier said than done. I will still run my O gauge layout that will never change. I’m so burned out on HO 1/87 scale I’m just done with it and moving on.

• Sad
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes Paul put a lot of work in it I wish he could down size it and move it but that’s easier said than done. I will still run my O gauge layout that will never change. I’m so burned out on HO 1/87 scale I’m just done with it and moving on.
Glad your going to keep the O gauge Lee.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Paul,

shame that this has happened, as John said I too loved checking in to see the updates and very glad that you got as far as you did. Everything that you built was marvelous to watch along the way in each step. Thanks for creating a fantastic layout and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Brought back a ton of memories for me.

First Name
Andrew
Paul
So sorry to hear that you'll need to remove your layout!! It's been great fun watching it develop. I hope that you can find a worthy home nearby. It's rather a long way for me to come for it!!
Andy

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Got a guy coming Monday to take a look at the layout. He wasn't scared of the size over the phone. He was mostly concerned over how it would break down to get it out of the basement.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Shame to see it go but I know it's a space hog. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it come out of the garage and manifest itself in the Mom cave. Been interacting with a local module group.... they meet and set up every second Saturday of the month and operate for 3 hours at the local shopping mall.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Got a guy coming Monday to take a look at the layout. He wasn't scared of the size over the phone. He was mostly concerned over how it would break down to get it out of the basement.
HI PaulE THATS SAD for us guys who liked this layout but any chance you can convince the gent to apply for membership on here as its now free an put some pics of what he's done then we can see his pics of what an how he doin on the layout as i loved lookin at all this mini world of trains an such an was very dissappinted when you said you was packin it up
ATB BOYO
chris b

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well, it's going to happen. We spent a couple hours figuring where to make the cuts to break it down & I spent a couple hours after he left packing up the rolling stock & locos. I think I will keep the Conrail stuff & the modules along the north wall for now. He really wants the mine, elevator & refinery modules to add onto his layout. That will give him all the Conrail coal hoppers, NS & CSX/DEEX rolling stock, & 2 NS, 2 CSX & 2 Conrail locos. That will leave me w/all the container/trailer stuff, mixed Conrail freight & four Conrail locos.:loudly-crying::crying::sad:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well, it's going to happen. We spent a couple hours figuring where to make the cuts to break it down & I spent a couple hours after he left packing up the rolling stock & locos. I think I will keep the Conrail stuff & the modules along the north wall for now. He really wants the mine, elevator & refinery modules to add onto his layout. That will give him all the Conrail coal hoppers, NS & CSX/DEEX rolling stock, & 2 NS, 2 CSX & 2 Conrail locos. That will leave me w/all the container/trailer stuff, mixed Conrail freight & four Conrail locos.:loudly-crying::crying::sad:
It seems a crying shame after all that hard work but at least it has gone to someone who will appreciate and use it.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Echoing what Paul says…sad though it is, it’s better it goes to someone who appreciates it than it languishes in storage getting gradually more decrepit.

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not easy having to part with something you've put a lot of time and effort in on. But think of the room you will gain :smiling3:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Paul, just when I thought of making a stop over for a look and progress and be hit by this sad end. Sorry to read about it...all that work although you have said its the building that you enjoyed most to see this go. Perhaps a planned smaller scale for next time with the remainder items you have.

Cheers,
Richard

Reactions: JR

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Spent an enjoyable couple of hours catching up with your most excellent build Paul; the vision, execution and detail are truly outstanding! My congratulations for what they're worth; a pity that you've had to move on and dispose of that superb work but I suppose that's the nature of the beast! Once again, my congratulations on your work.
Steve

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you gentlemen. Your support means a lot. I'll likely continue refining the remaining four modules once I've finished paring down & completed the planned 2022 military projects.