Hobby Boss 1/72 P-47 Thunderbolt "Razorback"

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I like these models as an occasional quick diversion too :smiling3: Didn’t the parts come in a plastic tray with this one, by the way?

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Painted a few parts in different metal finishes to give theThunderbolt a bit of variation. Not much going on in the cockpit but it's only a quickie anyway. Jakko there was no tray in this one as usual but I've had it a while so I might have taken it out beforehand and forgot but everything was nicely wrapped. As you say there a nice diversion and go together quickly and are a great test bed for bigger and better stuff.Thanks for looking in and any comments left. Cheers John IMG_0844.JPGIMG_0845.JPG

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
John,
these are ideal for trying out new paint, especially natural metal finishes, considering the number of parts they're surprisingly detailed. I made the 1/48 P-38 last year, the fit couldn't be faulted, and it made a pretty impressive model, only addition being seat belts.
I have used them as a 'palette cleanser', when you've just finished a difficult, complicated model!
Dave

D

Deleted member 7917

... these are ideal for trying out new paint, especially natural metal finishes, considering the number of parts they're surprisingly detailed.
Couldn't agree more. I've not long finished their 1/72 MiG-15bis which I started purely as my first metal finish from a newly acquired airbrush. The fit was exceptional and they do represent great value for money.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi folks a little bit of progress on this today in between other things. I've managed to get some Vallejo metal colour Aluminium sprayed. I've had my black gloss base coat for some time and it was a little sludgy so I attached it to my drill and give it a good spin for a few minutes and ran the risk of painting my whole shed in interior black in one go but IMG_0868.JPGIMG_0869.PNGall was good thankfully. Thanks for looking in and any comments left.
Cheers John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Lovely finish john , these Vallejo metal colors are great arent they? I cant fault them , I actually look forward to doing a nat metal finish now instead of dreading it ! Cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking very nice John. That tantalizing 'nearly there' stage.