Hobby Boss F14 (A B or D) advise

First Name
George
Hi guys,

It's me again :smiling3:... I am looking to buy my second F14 kit (after the Revell guinea pig), and I have my eyes on the Hobby Boss F-14 1/48, but I see many different opinions regarding the quality of the kit.
What concerns me mostly, boils down to the following:

1. open gun side panels, where many have mentioned that it is a nightmare to glue them in a closed position.
2. Air intake lips. I read that there is also an issue with the angle there.
3. Wings and stabilizers rivets. Do they need to be filled?

I would really appreciate the help from anyone who has experience with one of these kits.

Thanks,
George

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi guys,

It's me again :smiling3:... I am looking to buy my second F14 kit (after the Revell guinea pig), and I have my eyes on the Hobby Boss F-14 1/48, but I see many different opinions regarding the quality of the kit.
What concerns me mostly, boils down to the following:

1. open gun side panels, where many have mentioned that it is a nightmare to glue them in a closed position.
2. Air intake lips. I read that there is also an issue with the angle there.
3. Wings and stabilizers rivets. Do they need to be filled?

I would really appreciate the help from anyone who has experience with one of these kits.

Thanks,
George
HI George why are you havin probs building a tomcat not tryin to be big headed or such but all the things when you start a kit should be exspected unless its a real dog of a kit as thats what modeling is all about but enjoy your build of a tomcat dont be put off by others different opinions as if you worry about what others say you will never build a kit at all as i have build a 1/48 F-14 TOMCAT an yes there were a few hickups but nothing to stop me building it an if you want to see a pic of mine then i'll be happy to show you so remember moddeling is suppoce to be fun an enjoyment so dont worry about things just enjoy the build hope this allays your fears
chrisb