Hobbyboss 1/32 Spitfire Mk V - a collaboration

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bob.
Just had a read through, what a battle royal to overcome that problem . Well done on the recovery, it's looking brilliant .
John .

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi guys,

Small update. I got everything matt coated in preparation for the wheels and other last few bits to go on.

I decided to unmask the cockpit, at which point things went downhill. There was some sort of marking on the front screen and rear canopy. I tried cleaning it off but it appears that the actual plastic is hazed. Nothing I can do about it now so we will call it condensation. :smiling3:

MVIMG_20190316_210555.jpgMVIMG_20190316_210538.jpg

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Bob that's a real shame are you sure it's not masking tap resudue? I use Vallejo airbrush cleaner on a q-tip to remove it and it works for me.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
That's a great shame after all that work.
Pete

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Just found another problem. :sad:

The door was taped from the inside, I assume the original builder intended to have it open. Unfortunately it's not painted. :tired:

I have no idea what brand paint was used for the rest of the interior, I'm going to have to order some (probably Tamiya) to finish it off.

IMG_20190317_133022.jpg

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
Just come across this. Sorry I didn't comment before. Well done to persevere after that green masking stuff. Paint job looks great and no doubt the painted roundels and numbers look better than decals. Shame about the canopy - very strange that frosting.
Not far to go now.
Jim

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Jim. :smiling3:

Was hoping to get it finished today but will have to wait until I sort the door out.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I have no idea what brand paint was used for the rest of the interior, I'm going to have to order some (probably Tamiya) to finish it off.
Don’t you have a paint that comes close to what’s on the cockpit walls already? It’s a medium green, so you shouldn’t have too much trouble mixing something up, given the small amount you’re going to need.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Probably, but at this stage I'd rather just order the right(ish) colour rather than risk cocking it up. :smiling3:

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Bob

I have got to admire all your hard work and determination!!@

Keep at it sir

Another Bob

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'd rather just order the right(ish) colour rather than risk cocking it up.
I would not be the first time that a Spitfire had gotten a newer door fitted.... or one that had been repaired and painted....
Still a bummer though.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Ian. :smiling3:

I've order the Tamiya colour from John, hopefully that will arrive in the next day or so. It's one of those things, I thought it would be done yesterday, but once the doors done and on that should be it.