HobbyBoss Flak Bergepanther

F

Fenlander

20160401_102435700_iOS.jpg

Sorry I have not been very active on here of late.  Nothing wrong, I have just been chilling and getting used to being at home all day, grass has never looked so good lol

Anyway, I have been modelling.  Quite a bit actually so here is my progress on the above kit so far.

Three main sections that were built in a couple of hours.

WP_20160521_11_20_21_Pro.jpg

Extensive torsion bar suspension, typical of HobbyBoss detail.  However, also typical of a lot of HB detail, it doesn't actually work and will never be seen again.  It was fun cutting it all off the sprue though.......

WP_20160521_11_20_30_Pro.jpg

The little 37.5 mm (I think) Flak gun is very nicely done.

WP_20160521_11_21_01_Pro.jpg

The wooden cap on the turret ring is nicely detailed.

WP_20160521_11_21_25_Pro.jpg

As is the rear plate

WP_20160521_11_21_52_Pro.jpg

As usual with the type, loads of wheels

WP_20160521_12_28_48_Pro.jpg

A quick mockup before fitting the photo etch gun shield

WP_20160521_12_29_31_Pro.jpg

200 track links with four attachment points each all requiring 2 guide horns per link

WP_20160521_12_30_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20160521_12_33_48_Pro.jpg

WP_20160522_13_12_27_Pro.jpg

And here they are after three sessions

WP_20160522_13_12_51_Pro.jpg

To be continued..........

D

dubster72

That's coming along nicely Graham, you've got a fair bit done so far.

The pe looks great, especially the gun shields. Seems more like a Flakpanzer than a Bergepanzer - I thought the latter were recovery vehicles?

Maybe I should post some pics of my Ostwind build for a 3.7cm flak duo ;)

F

Fenlander

That's coming along nicely Graham, you've got a fair bit done so far.

The pe looks great, especially the gun shields. Seems more like a Flakpanzer than a Bergepanzer - I thought the latter were recovery vehicles?

Maybe I should post some pics of my Ostwind build for a 3.7cm flak duo ;)

It is a Bergpanther with three gun mount points welded on to mount the gun.  The idea was to turn a non combat vehicle into an AA unit.  Still has the wooden cover/hatch on the turret ring.

D

dubster72

It is a Bergpanther with three gun mount points welded on to mount the gun.  The idea was to turn a non combat vehicle into an AA unit.  Still has the wooden cover/hatch on the turret ring.

Fair enough, although most references I've seen state 'Bergepanzer' as being an Armoured Recovery Vehicle. So I'd have expected the Panther version to be the same.

C

CharleyGnarlyP290

Wow, Graham, that is looking really good. I really like the wooden turret ring cap... very nice detail. And the PE looks great as well.

This one should look great when finished.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Beautiful kit Graham a real head scratcher those torsion bars, PE looking good, great start ;)  not able to put in enough time of late myself to finish dio. Imploding hydraulic pump on big tractor keeping me busy, greasy and totally wee weeed off >:sad:  not to mention 500 bucks in the hole and these things always seem to happen when you need something the most o.O

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Extensive torsion bar suspension, typical of HobbyBoss detail.  However, also typical of a lot of HB detail, it doesn't actually work and will never be seen again.  It was fun cutting it all off the sprue though.......

Wow, extensive is a bit of an understatement - pity it doesn't work! :sad:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great start on this one,Graham,looking very nice as well,,do real like the pe,makes all the differences,

the hatch wooden cover looks great,very nice detail, :smiling3:

never real understand why they have the torsion bar suspension,when its never seen again,as I did one

Hobby Boss as well, :D

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looking real good and coming on a pace this is one of the kits on my wish list so glad your building it hows it all going together looks a sweet kit 

P

Polux

Looking very good Graham.

I specially love your work on the PE....is a clean job  ;)