Hog riders diorama pics

N

noble

Hi folks here is a small project i've been working on for a few weeks, it is entitled "Hog riders" Andy Philinmagob actually inspired this creation the weekend we had been exhibiting our work. He brought along an A10 dio and since i love this aircraft to death it was only natural to build these two. They are in 1/48 and the dio base is MDF with PVA glue applied to it then liberally sprinkled with budgie sand from willkensons, i hope you like it and as usual all comments be they good or bad are most welcome.

scott

View attachment 47305

View attachment 47306

View attachment 47307

View attachment 47308

View attachment 47309

View attachment 47310

View attachment 47311

View attachment 47312

View attachment 47313

View attachment 47314

View attachment 47315

View attachment 47316

View attachment 47317

View attachment 47318

View attachment 47319

hog riders 1.jpg

hog riders 2.jpg

hog riders 3.jpg

hog riders 4.jpg

hog riders 5.jpg

hog riders 6.jpg

hog riders 7.jpg

hog riders 8.jpg

hog riders 9.jpg

hog riders 10.jpg

hog riders 13.jpg

hog riders 14.jpg

hog riders 15.jpg

hog riders11.jpg

hog riders12.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very nice Scott, great looking dio.

don't know much about A10s, other than they're bad ass! Why is one green the other grey is one with the army, one the navy? Also the grey one looks like it has a longer wing span. Is it a different version or is it the angle of the photo?

Cheers

Paul

N

noble

the longer wing span is just camera angle the reason for different camouflage is inter forces cooperation on a ground attack mission in Afghanistan .

Scott

B

Boldman

Bloody hell Scott thats pretty damn impressive! So where did everything come from? Planes, figures and ground equipment? :smiling3: Need all the details old chap!

N

noble

\ said:
Bloody hell Scott thats pretty damn impressive! So where did everything come from? Planes, figures and ground equipment? :smiling3: Need all the details old chap!
TheA10 in european camouflage is Tamiya the other is Revell which is half the price, the ground crew and vehicles are hasagawa and the two pilots are resin from warrior.

scott

N

noble

Cheers gents for the excellent comments and the 5 stars much appreciated.

scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Very nicely done Scott. Lots of nice goodies to look at.

Gern

P

phalinmegob

thats great that scott, way better than mine was.glad i could give some inspiration to you lol. you can have ten stars from me...five for each plane because i love the a10 too.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice work Scott. You do like a large dio don't you.

If I may comment on one thing. The Navy bird. The star and bars is upside-down on the left side behind the cock-pit and the crew placard is not set down.

Other wise a great dio.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Excellent work Scott, love the detail in this one. Top marks from me mate.

Andy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Wow , you kept this one quiet scott! Very impressive scene , as dave says ,its very busy with loads to look at -just like a forward air base would be in a war zone. Ians right about the stars and bars though , maybe it will come off with a bit of masking tape, failing that just paint over it with a fine brush (actually you could get away with just painting over the round bit ) then stick another decal on over the top . If you havent got a spare i'll have a look in my spares box or i'm sure someone on here will have one , Still a 5 star dio though mate , cheers tony

N

noble

I just found that cheers and good eyes guys i have a couple of spares will fix that ricky tick.

scott