Homemade Honda Cub C70 1/35th scale

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Excellent work Richard, I wouldn’t know where to begin on a project like that :surprised:!

Whilst unofficially learning how to ride a moped, I put one of these straight into a hedge at the bottom of the garden!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Richard this some build, you must be chuffed how it's turned out.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
From the looks of that lens.....a masterful job of scratchery! Well done Richard. :thumb2: Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
That is excellent. A really impressive piece of scratch building. Finding a figure that fits so well is great.
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This bike cries out for a "Babe" in a halter top and short shorts!! :tongue-out3: ;) :cool:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Guys,

Neil, I do what I can and there are better scratchers around.
Jim, I was lucky but it is still slightly over-sized more leaning towards 1/32 than 1/35.
Rick, sorry to disappoint you but the rider is an old man in a sarong.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Rats.......I should have known it would turn out to be some old geezers "grocery getter" instead of a "fast trip" to the beach for a "hot" babe to work on her tan.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...that's my imagination deflating:disappointed2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Rick, I'm not too good with female figures. Have you seen the little monkeys I made for one of my dios?

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sorry Richard, don't remember the monkeys.,.....but girls aren't that different.........are they???:thinking:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well, they go backwards at dances for a start Rick!
Just had a catch up......this looks great.
ppIn answer to your question, we did have these in the UK.....loads of ‘em. They came in C50, C70, and C90 flavours. They are scooters, not mopeds, by the way. A moped has actual pedals to start the engine. These had a kick start or electric leg as a starter. The C90 would pull wheelies quite easily, by the way ;)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Guys...okay these last posts above will be SWMBO restricted for self preservation. :smiling6:

Tim, that's the funny thing...I haven't been able to find any images or movies featuring these bikes in England or the US in that era so I figured they didn't distribute them there. Yes, I've seen my friends do the wheelie with their C90s. The bike doesn't have a clutch lever and has a heavy clunk when you engage to first gear and you have to ease the throttle or you'll be bolting like a bucking horse. :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That was some read Tim...thanks. But I still can't picture the cub in England. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I had a broken C90 for a while, that I had from my brother-in-law instead of £10 he owed me. I never fixed it, as I can't ride a bike - no sense of balance - but sold it for £15!
Pete