Honda CB600 F6E information required

T

tecdes

First apologies a nothing to do with model making except that one may have information.

My son has the above motor cycle which I am selling for him. It was registered in Jersey in 2006 but as the mileage was approx 5000 at that time it was older than that. If any one could give information on its age or where I can find out.

The frame is ZDCPC36A06F153731 ENGINE PC25E6822674 600CC.

Thanks.

Laurie

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi Laurie,

If it was me I'd try either Honda UK ............ or Honda Owners Club Welcome to the Honda Owners Club

Peter

S

Sky Raider

My sources tells me that it was registered on 20/06/02 and it has reports of being stolen and sought after by Police in 11 areas/regions. Sorry mate :sad:

That is according to CARFAX a full report is obtainable at a small fee.

Andy

T

tecdes

Thanks Andy.

Do not have any reg number for the UK as it was registerd in Jersey in 2006.

Shall try CARFAX.

Laurie

PS more than a little surprised as the Jersey Authorities do a check before registering with a Jersey Number.

S

Sky Raider

Sorry Laurie, unless I pay the CARFAX it wont give me the reports it is indicating and that would have the details on im sure.

Cheers

Andy

T

tecdes

Could you let me have the CARFX address you used Andy ?

Tried a couple of Vin agencies & they say that the Vin Number is incorrect.

Off to see The Jersey Reg people & Jersey Police tommorow.

Bit of rotten news as I have bought it from my son to help him with his finances. There you go.

Interesting as I rang the previous Jersey owner last Saturday to find if he was aware of the orginal age but he was out. Left a message asking about the history but he did not ring back. Think I will let the police do that as they are more likely to get info than I am.

Thanks Andy for having a look. Much appreciated. Will let you know the out come. Looks as though this will be me not so wealthy. Not devastating as it probably is worth much less than a £1000.

Laurie

A

andygh

Around 1k depending on condition/mileage, much less with a nasty history

S

Sky Raider

Hi Laurie,

Got the info from here, Check it out. Vehicle history reports, VIN number, vehicle milage, vehicle photos, database of stolen cars, VIN decoder, technical car info - VIN-Info

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Hope it works out ok for you, It doesn't give much detail until you pay for it but it has the make correct and I would presume the year of first registration.

Good luck, let us know how it pans out.

Cheers

Andy

T

tecdes

Well that was an interesting 24 hours & I think it is now sorted but with one link to go to just verifiy.

Got through to the Vin check which turned out to be a Polish company.

Paid my 2:5 euros & got the report. This showed, as you mentioned Andy, June 2002 as the birth date of this Honda.

This gave nothing more than the Stolen Vehicles info. Nothing else no production Vehicle Manufacturer defects Vehicle equipment all these sections were empty of info. etc. Which I thought was strange. Minor scepticism was seeded.

But it gave 11 names on the Register of stolen Vehicles. Going from Czech Norway Italian Lithuanian Dutch Romanian Slovak & finally strange Canada but no France Germany or the UK. The sceptic seed germinated.

Down to the Jersey Driver & Vehicle Dept. this morning. All on the form she said & there it was tucked neatly away in a corner "Never Registered Previously". Registered as new in Jersey. Any used vehicles imported into Jersey are inspected before being registered & any previous registration is noted on the Veh Reg Doc. ie Log Book or as it is now a form. The birth date 2006. As my son bought it in 2009, at which time the mileage was 5724, this seemed over 3 years to tally. That is unless it has been tampered with. Sceptic rising.

So back home & a thought ! I chucked into the Vin Check a number one more than our Honda. Then a 100 more then a 100 less. Guess what all had the identical 11 stolen vehicle reports ie on 200 Hondas. Where the sceptic in me bloomed & flowered, perhaps not, I was in a scam !!!

So just one link to go to find out from the original owner, Tristan the one before my son's ownership, if the Bic was new to him. If not he is in difficulties where did he get it from & from whom & he also signed a new bic form.

Laurie

T

tecdes

Now spoken to the original Jersey owner & it is now confirmed as a new bic in 2006. Phew things getting better as it is not so old as thought so must be worth more.

Laurie

S

Sky Raider

Well done mate, i'm glad things are looking up. These car faxes aren't all they are made out to be then. Even I learnt something here.

Andy

T

tecdes

You are right Andy. Many thanks despite the carfax thing it did get me to the right answer.

Just got to sell it now. My young son the owner. My eldest son cleaning it. Me trying to sort the value. And all of us have different ideas. What I mix.

Laurie