HONDA CB750 in 1/4 Scale. Geoff's Build

• Thread starter My Model Car Workshop
  • Start date
M

My Model Car Workshop

It seems no one is interested in this build, so I am thinking of not posting any more updates. :sad:

D

Deleted member 3568

What? You have several people watching this, I for one am interested.

M

My Model Car Workshop

\ said:
What? You have several people watching this, I for one am interested.
I spent almost an hour posting up my latest update, which I posted yesterday. I was expecting a few replies from those that are watching, but you Ken are the only person who has replied. I suppose most people just have a look, and don't comment.

D

Deleted member 3568

Yes I think we're all guilty of that I often follow a build and only comment once or twice on the whole build, the trouble is if someone has already said what you would have said, it seems pointless commenting, sometimes I will just add "ditto what's already been said" but not often, I usually only comment if I have something to say which has not been said or if I think what's been said deserves repeating.

First Name
Dave
I'm interested in this build.But I will only comment if I've got something worth saying.

First Name
Jason
Just look at the number of views you're getting Geoff. You're getting a fair few. Your posts are very concise with good images so there aren't many questions left unanswered. I suspect people are sat back enjoying the ride! Keep it up matey.

Jason

P

Polux

We are a few, who are following this thread!!!

Hope you keep posting updates... ;)

Ps: thank you very much for the detailed posts. I know the time you need to do them.

P

Polux

Ouch!!! Forget it!!! I'm a disaster....

The bike is looking very cool so far :smiling3:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
It seems no one is interested in this build, so I am thinking of not posting any more updates
The old views vs replies problem, it's the same on an forum it doesn't mean no one is interested in what you are doing but as Dave said he will only say something if it's worth saying, you don't want a thread full of "looks good", "can't wait for the next post" etc etc it would more likely put people off as every time they look at the thread there is nothing worth reading.

Also the views increase for a number of reasons, when someone replies it refreshes the thread and creates another view, search engines and bots can also increase them, I've removed the view count as it's not needed.

M

My Model Car Workshop

Ok guys, thank you for pointing out the reasons why people don't often comment on a thread, when it's on going. I know there have been quite a few views and that people interested are still looking in. So I will continue showing my build as and when I receive the parts for each update, even though it's going to a long time before the model is completed. I have other models that I will be starting, once the summer is over. Most of my time during the summer months is spent with another hobby at a Miniature Railway close to where I live, besides time spent in the garden, which again is one of my likes.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks most impressive and quite a size too! I'm following in the background, so keep posting.

As for the railway hobby, we do have a section for railway things as well.... I am sure a good few would like to see some new posts on there as well... I would.

R

Richy C

Please keep posting Geoff , I`ve been in from the start but like Ian I have been watching in the background as I do with most builds on the forum , and must say looks a stunning kit - am I allowed to say that ? ,

Hard one to call but I can see both sides with what John saying.

Richy

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I don't look at all posts as my time is limited at present; I tend to 'filter' through the ones I'm already following. But anyway, your bike build is progressing nicely and it looks great so far Geoff.

M

My Model Car Workshop

It's going to be sometime mid September, before the next parts arrive, but I will be continuing with my progress as and when each set of parts arrive. Thank you Ian, Richard & Joe for your interest.