Honda CB750F, Tamiya 1/12

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely job, neat and crisp with some good metallic finishes. Tamiya have always made some superb motorcycle kits and they are always a joy to build. This just looks so realistic! If you can find a 1/12th scale figure to stand next to it such as dolls house resin stuff it will bring it to life. Putting them both on a very simple base of tarmac made from wet and dry abrasive paper glued to the glass of a picture frame and you have an instant realistic setting with a ready made neat frame.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
As Richard says , it just looks totally real , so much in fact i reckon its just a mates bike in your living room on a bedsheet - Rumbled!! seriously though Paul , its a superb build , so clean and flawless , great job . cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You made a great job of that. It's nice to see a real bike and not the usual racers or super bike.

Great build.

Ian M

P

Polux

Terrific build Paul!!!

Looks so real, is simply perfect :eek:

Polux

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is beautiful Paul, lovely work to make it look so real, as others have commented on. Just one question, is it light or has the CB750 decal ripped near the CB? Whatever, on a dio this will look just awesome.

Si:smiling3:

W

Willi262

She looks showroom fresh! Just waitin' for a buyer to taker her home...

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
\ said:
Just one question, is it light or has the CB750 decal ripped near the CB?
well spotted, it has indeed got a tiny bit missing. had a few of the decals break up as i put them on, managed to piece the others together but that one had a tiny bit disintegrate :mad:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
well spotted, it has indeed got a tiny bit missing. had a few of the decals break up as i put them on, managed to piece the others together but that one had a tiny bit disintegrate :mad:
stonechip !

B

Bari

lovely, did you rechrome the exhaust cans, if not how did you manage to get them together without a seam showing? I'm sitting here looking at the exhaust of my Moto Guzzi Centauro trying to work out how to do just that bit.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
they are not rechromed, i was just very careful when i put the together not to get glue everywhere. i also touched up any missing chrome with a silver paint pen, dosnt work for big areas but for touching up little bits it works well

B

Bari

Great, thanks. They look fine, I didn't want to make a mess nor start learning to use alclad.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Lovely work Paul. Not a bike person, but I know a great build when I see one and this is definitely a fabulous finish.