hwwaph.jpg

2kk5ld.jpg

24erioj.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Interested to see what you make of this one Paul, I enjoyed it a lot....and I did it in silver as well....I found the decals a little hard to use, not coming off the backing paper cleanly, but the rest fitted fine.....
Cheers
Tim

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
Nice bike to do, Paul I've do the other version, off this just the CB750F which is not custom tuned. Just be carefull off the small screws. What I done was put them in a shot glass, so I did not loose them same with the tubing, so I know where they were. Enjoy building it. I'll pop in every so often to see how, your getting on

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ive done the ordinary version too and really enjoyed which is why i want to do this one

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul
I have never built one of these large scale motor bikes but I have seen a few completed. They make stunning models. I look forward to seeing how you get on.
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Paul,
do you just push on the vinyl tubes, or glue them? I've done models that will sit happily for weeks, then, the brake/spark plug/speedo lines all seem to fall off!
Dave

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so far all but one has been pushed on, seems to be a tight fit so far

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
and finished

strangely for a tamiya kit the decals were dreadful, just wanted to break up as soon as water touched them, let alone the microsol!.........but i did the standard version of this kit a few years ago and found what was left over from that one in the spares box

more pics in the finished thread

10pdlhi.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good job Paul. Funnily enough, when I did mine I found that the decals wouldn’t come off the backing paper. The tank ones, for example were floating free, except where they were welded to the paper. I had a couple of splits in mine as well....I thought they let the kit down as well.