Honda Monkey 2000 Anniversary 1:6 Scale

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Hi,
Firstly a Happy New Year to all here on Scale Models.

It's my son's 44th Birthday in March and as he has a heavily modified one of these bikes, thought I'd try my first model bike with this:
20190105_132845.jpg
The Model
20190102_145755.jpg
20190102_145803.jpg
20190102_145817.jpg
The last three pictures are of my son's bike, sadly not good pictures as I had to grab them when he was not looking. As you can see from the picture of the model and the pictures of his, it is heavily modified..... Engine rebuilt and heavily modified, speeds in excess of 70 mph . Has said not to stable at that speed.....
20181222_110657.jpg
20190104_212941.jpg
It is an organised bench......honest..... very compact. New man cave under construction.
20190105_132258.jpg
Coming along.
20190105_132251.jpg
To date as of last night.

Cheers Mike

PS Glad to be back bench:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Mike,
Happy new year to, good to see you!

Now that looks like a cool build, I’ve only ever heard of this motorcycle, never actually seen one....looks like fun!

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Hi Si,
How are you my friend? Happy New Year to you as well. My son and his friends have Monkey bikes , thought it would be a nice surprise for him. Making the birthday cake as well.
I've advanced with it a little more, rear wheel is in place, just getting the rear brake fitted, tomorrows job now. Want to get this finished to kick start the mojo.......lol.

Cheers Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Kelly McFadden

SMF Supporter
First Name
Kelly
The build is looking great! I can’t wait to see one of the real ones in person.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Interesting build. Coming on well, nice clean job so far. Wonder what it will be when it grows up :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
Good to see you. Hope all's well over the water in la belle France. Like Si I have never seen one of these. Looks an interesting kit and it will make a great surprise.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mike an interesting build. How's things ?
John .

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Afternoon Guys,
You lot have snow..... wish we did, we have had rain now for almost 10 days continually.
An up date on the Monkey......
Had a short burst about a week ago and got it onto its wheels.
Got to the point now where it is not far off finishing....

Painted the tank once..... had to let dry and preparation again for a respray..... don't you love your animals....... 3 dogs and 2 cats here.......

Respray complete. now have to stick side badges on the tank and paint them. Seat is finished. The exhaust will be fitted last after all the touch up painting is finished......

Cheers Mike

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Afternoon All,
A further update to the bike. Its all bar finished except a few touch ups where I have missed a couple of small items with paint. I managed to break the rear brake rod, :crying::crying::crying:. Also the fuel line has not been connected from the fuel tank to the carburetor. Although I enjoyed the build, the kit is an early rendition and there are a lot of mould lines which in some cases I could not do anything about as these parts were ''chromed''

There are things that I would have done differently........it was my first motorcycle. My youngest Grandson is into GP bikes, just like his Dad. so have that feeling this will not be my last..........:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Regards Mike

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Pretty cool Mike .... nice finish......
Personally I deal with mould lines on chrome parts by stripping the chrome off with household bleach, cleaning up, priming in gloss black, and spraying with Alclad of the appropriate colour :nerd: Slows the build quite a lot though....

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Looks to of been quite a fiddly build but you’ve made a good job of it....Very cool indeed Mike:thumb2:

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Hi Si,
Many thanks for your comment. Yes quite fiddly at times.... frustrating at times to....... thankfully the carpet monster only got 2 pieces...... but able to manage to scratch new items.........

Cheers Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
Well I reckon that has turned out very nicely indeed. Do you have any thoughts about which bike may be next?
Jim

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Hi Jim,
Thank you for your comment. Going to crack on with the Subaru I started last year. Sadly the under body is the wrong colour.... but now have the correct colour. I'll leave the under for now and see how it turns out.
Answer to your question, yes I'll do another bike, like the idea of the large scale Italera 1/9 scale bikes. Think a new British bike is out......

Regards Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: