Honda Z50 Monkey, Fujimi, 1/12

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
next on the bench is this

not sure ive done a fujimi bike kit before, but it looks a nice kit, apart from some of the chrome which is dodgy, but its going to get stripped anyway

the bear on the box is a japanese tourism mascot thats a bit of a cult in japan and honda really did do bikes like this a couple of years ago

but i dont like it so it will be either yellow or purple, not decided yet

monkey12.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
sorry for lack of updates......ive been painting all the bits and pieces.......should go together quickly now thats done

had problems with the frame, painted it and got a crinkle effect..........didnt happen to the primer so no idea what i did wrong.......tried stripping it and no matter what i used the paint wouldnt come off!....even with brake fluid!,,,,,,,hopefully a lot of it will be hidden by body work

gone with purple......i really wanted to do it yellow but after looking at the decals the honda logo is all white so wont really show up on the yellow background.........so gone gloss purple!

add_710.jpg

add_1110.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well it's looking ok at the rear Paul, pity about that paint reaction on the frame. Have you any idea yet as to what it was ?
The last time I saw one of these built on here was one built by Mike Mortimer.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
bit of progress

got to say, worst bike kit ive ever done, nearly got thrown against the wall in frustration earlier today

but the end is in sight

zf_210.jpg

zf_1810.jpg