hop-ups?

G

greg

hi every1,

im building the nitro racer and was wanderin for the money is it best jus to get a 2 speed auto on the gx 12 instead ov buying a gx 15 will it make a godd peforming car for its class. is there any other things to improve on a budget.

thanx

greg

B

Bluewavestudios

The 2 speed Transmission will certainly liven things up whichever engine you decide to use as it will work with both the ones you have mentioned.

There isn't too much difference between the GX-12 and the GX-15 so if it is real performance you want go for the 2 speed box.

Mark.

G

greg

thnx for the help mark do u still have ur racer as i read in an early post. im still waitin to complete the last couple ov issues and havent run my car yet. is there any advice you could tell me about runnin the car like wat should i set the carb at.

thnx a lot for the help agen

greg

U

uknodnol

2 speed transmission

I too have just competed the nitro racer magazine, does anyone know where I can get the 2 speed hop-up mod. I spoke to a chap in my local model centre who informs me they no longer have any distributors in the uk, I have searched the web but I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Can anyone help?

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
The french distributor FDL where going to start a small buisness over here in the uk so shops can get parts and cars still,but i haven't heard any more news about it.

The news first came in the Racer magazine last year can't remember what issue it was in,but i hope they do start one as it will help uk R/C modellers to get parts for there cars they have still as i have three kyosho cars.

U

uknodnol

I found it difficult to get spares on the net except via ebay. I was also wondering if the HPI 200mm sheels would fit the pureten alpha 2/3 chassis with correct clearance for wheels?

B

Bluewavestudios

Ok answers to a couple of posts on here:

Firstly Gregs question, try 2 & 1/4 turns on the needle valve to see how that starts, you may need to try 2 & 1/2 turns (2 & 1/4 works well on a .10 engine as a totally reliable running setting on my Nephews Subaru Impreza..we have tried various other settings but that one runs best)

I will let you know what setting I am using on a GX12 in the next couple of weeks as the Skyline is due testing and running in lol !!!

And for Uknodnol...Hpi shells will fit but do check what they say on their site, the 200mm width is standard for I/C Cars, it is the wheelbase length you have to watch out for. The Pureten has a wheelbase of 265mm and If I remember rightly most of the HPI shells will fit nicely (except the Supersize shells as they require the longer wheelbase) If in doubt, take your car to a shop and try the shells out, most shops will be happy to oblige.

Hope this helps

Mark.

G

greg

thnx mark cnt wait to get the beast running now lol

thnx agen greg