Horton Ho-229

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
years ago i had an ATL story which enabled me to build all manner of whiffs, i have resurrected it to give me a back story for this

Horton Ho-229 'Scoiattolo' of the Regia Aeronautica 1947

By 1947 the Horton Ho-229 had evolved into a capable multi role aircraft...night fighter, reconnaissance , low level strike,,.....it was used by most of the Axis Alliance until obsolescence in the mid 1950s

The Italian Regia Aeronautica used it as a low level strike aircraft, naming it Scoiattolo (Squirrel), operating in the Axis controlled countries in Western Africa attacking not just land based targets in Commonwealth Central Africa but also attacking shipping convoys heading to ports in the Gulf of Guinea

For this role they were equipped with a single drop tank to extend range and two variants of the 'Maglio' (Sledgehammer) anti shipping missiles

33jmf78.jpg

15hh0jp.jpg

25tcbxi.jpg

2uzv0n8.jpg

aucfx0.jpg

and one for scale

15xpvts.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do real like this one,we never see many of these,great little build,do like your pick of camo for it, ;)

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Neat little build, nice sharp lines and clear parts.

Would love to tackle the 1/48 zoukei mura offering one day, now that would be a involved build.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Lovely build and very nice painting and weathering.

I like Phil would love to build the larger model one day ( rob the piggy bank one day

Regards

Robert

D

Deleted member 4539

Lovely little model and very well painted.

F

Fenlander

Very nicely done Paul. Great scheme on this little beauty. Is just me or are these things bat like?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Love this paul , a top class build and great back story, the camo really suits it too. Cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yes, lovely work and a great story to boot!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
. Is just me or are these things bat like?
i did want to call it Pipistrello which is Italian for bat but Savoia Marchetti beat me to it lol

thanks for all the comments, only did this as a bit of fun but it has got my whiff-brain whirring again and since i do have quite a few kits with no decals i might just have to do a few more :D