How Far do you go : how authentic

L

Laurie

Got to the stage on my Apache of thinking how to tackle what the thing will finally look like.

Looking at loads of photos to get a clue. Just thinking "authentic". But when you look at these photos you think but nobody is going to think these are authentic if reproduced on a model. They will think you have gone artistically mad.

Laurie

View attachment 122811

View attachment 122812

hires_131213-A-MH207-470a.jpg

1404215070741_Image_galleryImage_BNPS_co_uk_01202_558833_P.JPG

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
What ever makes you happy at the end off the day your the one who will be looking at it so do it for your self...I'm building a pershing at the moment there are thing like the track and other parts that should be on the pesific tank but as I said I will be the one looking at it so I'm selfish and just want to please my self so that's my thinking laurie

John

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
What ever makes you happy at the end off the day your the one who will be looking at it so do it for your self...I'm building a pershing at the moment there are thing like the track and other parts that should be on the pesific tank but as I said I will be the one looking at it so I'm selfish and just want to please my self so that's my thinking laurie

John

D

dubster72

Well if you have colour photos to back up your finished model, who's gonna argue?

That's a big advantage in doing modern stuff - there's very little WWII colour reference pics.

As John said, as long as you're happy with it Laurie.... :smiling3:

L

Laurie

Both right as long as I am happy. Just making an observation on how difficult it is to decide to

what extent you want to go. Also how distressed military vehicles and aircraft get.

You are right Patrick about WWii stuff. A good number of USA coloured pictures but very rare

with European stuff which is sad. Even the black and white are not so hot.

Already decided I will follow more or less the Merlin but with a few extra bits as I fancy as I go

along and get into the swing of things.

Not sure what you two do but I tend to do the build up job with out any definite hard and fast

plan in mind on the fine detail. Find it is how you see it is the effects progress. Find this the

most interesting bit.

Laurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
'Modern' aircraft are actually MUCH older than a typical WW2 aircraft. The average age of a current USAF aircraft is just over 27 years. Most WW2 aircraft had a life expectancy measured in months, at best a few years. If they survived the front they would be withdrawn to secondary roles as better aircraft were developed before being scrapped.

Cheers

Steve

L

Laurie

Yes I was surprised Steve when realised that the Panavia Tornado was flown for the first time in 1974

and introduced into service in 1979. Due to be withdrawn from service in 2017. That will make

it in service for 38 years. After saying that the early ones have been withdrawn.

Still a great looking aircraft despite it's age.

Laurie