HS Ultra pinch clean

First Name
Daniel
Hi,

I am looking to get my first airbrush and so far I am thinking to get HS Ultra 2in1.

I did research and it seems often during the normal use the paint can dry on the needle tip. This can be easily cleaned by pinching the tip to remove the dried up paint. However, I examined the tip design of Ultra and I know this pinch cleaning during the use is not possible. I cannot touch the needle as the nozzle is held by the cap and cap is solid so no needle access.
If I unscrew the cap the nozzle will fall out.
I also know that more expensive HS airbrushes come with different, open cap which would allow me to pinch clean it.

Now my question is can I buy the cap from the evolution range and fit it to my Ultra to be able to pinch clean it? How are these caps interchangeable and can I pinch clean ultra? Any options?

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Daniel, can't remember off hand , but a lot of the H&S parts are interchangeable, I'd suggest you have a look at Aircraft Net www.air-craft.net
They have full chart of all spares for the H&S, John in the shop can and might well have the part you need.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Daniel, can't remember off hand , but a lot of the H&S parts are interchangeable, I'd suggest you have a look at Aircraft Net www.air-craft.net
They have full chart of all spares for the H&S, John in the shop can and might well have the part you need.

Good news Daniel. I got a pinch tip for my Ultra from that site a few months ago. I can't remember if there are different sizes for different needle/nozzle sizes, but the way the site is laid out is straightforward so finding what you need is simple. Has to be really or I couldn't have done it! :upside:

I did think it was a touch pricey but I'm so glad I got it. It's solved the problem of tip dry which I used to get a lot of with Vallejo paints.

First Name
Daniel
Thank you guys.
Unfortunately the shop is out of stock across the board including the bits that I require

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Have you tried to contact H&S directly? I've had dealings with them and bought stuff with no problems - although that was before Brexit so I don't know what the situation is now.

First Name
Daniel
I did sent them a question, I am waiting for their reply.

Anyway, whilst I am waiting for their reply I have these questions:
I have checked at air-craft.net and I found under Spares page part no 126783 which is 0.2mm "Fineline" air cap with needle cap. That from the product description I know can be fitted to the Ultra. However, right now I was not able to find 126783 anywhere on stock at this time. So I have these two alternatives which I am wondering if they can be fitted on Ultra and will they work:
- On amazon I found 126784 "Fine line" air cap and needle cap however it is CRPlus which is I guess chrome part. Will this fit and work correctly with Ultra?
- or I can just get 123763 0.15/0.2mm Air Cap, with ventilated, screw on Needle Cap & Viton seal that comes as a stock option on Evolution. This one has air cap that I suspect would expose needle for pinch clean but to do that I would need to paint with the needle cap off. Will this fit and work correctly with Ultra?

As you can see I have the above two options which I am considering as the ideal part 126783 may not be available now but perhaps the above two could also work.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Daniel.
Art No: 126784 – Harder & Steenbeck Air Cap 0.15 / 0.2 mm CR plus Fine Line, Chrome
This part fits the Harder & Steenbeck:

Evolution CR plus
Infinity CR plus, no mention of fitting the Ultra, I'd wait until you have reply from H&S.
There normally quick to respond.