Huey Falklands british Capture 1/48 Kittiy Hawk

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

Very nice kit indeed.

The Huey captured at the end of the Falklands Conflict & used in the Islands.
Now a museum piece in the UK some where.

The Argentinian markings were emulsion painted out in the Falklands. Bit of artistic
license I have left the marking ghosting thro. to give a bit of history.

Also. Huey was re-liveried with the Huey bit on the return to the UK She was AE412
UK owned in the Falklands. Just cheated a bit. I am not embarrassed :flushed:

Laurie

WHwqhA.jpg pIY48s.jpg Bl1j7s.jpg JOR36B.jpg cdXYJH.jpg zA80XZ.jpg 4xRwpL.jpg vJ2AYR.jpg WCqsbF.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Laurie really lovely model an very detailed I like very much but maybe I need glasses but for the life of me I cannot see where the argtinein marking are ghostin through the paint ? is it on the tail section ?
chris

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5496

HI Laurie really lovely model an very detailed I like very much but maybe I need glasses but for the life of me I cannot see where the argtinein marking are ghostin through the paint ?
chris
Thanks Chris. It is ghosting as said. Through the back window on the large doors. Plus on the tail..
Laurie

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Lovely models and diorama Laurie :thumb2:
Cheers, Steven

D

Deleted member 7181

Thank you for the bonus pictures Laurie, great work on the conversions.

I used to own a Series 3 as a lad, my second vehicle after a mini, it was quite a change!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Laurie
Great looking helicopter and the dio shows it of a treat. One to be proud of.
Jim

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great work Laurie. And a bonus bit of history as well. Much has been written about the Falklands war (or conflict if you're a politician) but not so much about afterwards.

D

Deleted member 5496

Great work Laurie. And a bonus bit of history as well. Much has been written about the Falklands war (or conflict if you're a politician) but not so much about afterwards.

Thanks Colin very much appreciated.

Laurie

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I commented not long ago on your build thread Laurie, the perils of trying to catch up with the forum! Wonderful result, you've nailed that Iroquois and the additions to the kit were well worth it. Nicely presented too, one to be proud of.

D

Deleted member 5496

I commented not long ago on your build thread Laurie, the perils of trying to catch up with the forum! Wonderful result, you've nailed that Iroquois and the additions to the kit were well worth it. Nicely presented too, one to be proud of.
Thanks Joe very much appreciated.

Laurie