Huge super hornet

K

Kressy13

Hi all. Taking some time away from the A-7 for a bit. Getting slightly annoyed with it. LOL. Well i picked this up the other day. Its revell's 1/144 F/A-18E Super Hornet. For the size the detail looks good and well scribed. Well better get started then.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 40824

super hornet.jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice one Kresten.

I've got a 1/144 Harrier in the stash , I get it out occasionally and look at it then put it away again.:smile11:

Put some pictures up so we can see how you are getting on.

Tony.

B

Brickie

Can I just ask about your definition of "huge"? Only, it's not a word traditionally associated with 1/144 scale...

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
This a is lovely office Kresten, it doesn't look 1/144.

Are they decals on the dash ?

I'll enjoy watching this build.

Tony.

T

treyzx10r

Kresten my eyes hurt just looking at that! Nicely done tiny office!

K

Kressy13

Hi. Yes the dash is a decal. Would be fairly hard to mould gauges in this scale. Got the fuselage halves together. Quite simple construction but i suppose thats to be expected. Have taken a pic next to the cockpit of the A-7D to help show the size difference.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 40864

super hornet 3.jpg

K

Kressy13

Hi all. It has been a while but i have finally gotten back onto this one. Needed to wait till i got my room back after all the holidays and relatives being around. Well i have finished the tails for the hornet, think they have come up well. The rest of the model is drying at the moment so i can hopefully get a gloss coat on later. All the weapons are also done. Have decided to model this one in flight.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 43359

super hornet 4.jpg

H

harrier-1973

I've been thinking about getting this one, will be interesting to see how it develops :smiling3:

K

Kressy13

Hi all. Well the paint is done. I don't think the colour is correct though. I used the FS numbers with the instructions. Well im not going to repaint it anyway. LOL. Have started with the decals so hopefully they will be done in the next couple of days. Thought i would show off the tiny weapons. Better be careful. Could take an eye out :cheeseygrin:

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 43429

View attachment 43430

View attachment 43431

super hornet 5.jpg

super hornet 6.jpg

super hornet 7.jpg