Humber Scout Car Mk1 72nd DTMW

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Hi Nick
This tiny vehicle is looking good. Glad you sorted the stance.
Jim
Cheers Jim
I reffered to an old set of Bronco 35th kit instructions and a restoration on HMVF forum....
All tickerty boo now
Nick

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nick,

You're not doing my stash problems with this build. I see your dio will be of 11th Armoured Division vehicles.

That just happens to be the division that most of my son's vehicles are from but he doesn't have one of these..... :tired: :tired: :tired: ;)

Keep up the great work.

Andrew

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Nick,

You're not doing my stash problems with this build. I see your dio will be of 11th Armoured Division vehicles.

That just happens to be the division that most of my son's vehicles are from but he doesn't have one of these..... :tired: :tired: :tired: ;)

Keep up the great work.

Andrew
Andrew
I was wondering when you'd notice lol....
TAURUS PURSUANT
Nick

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew
TAURUS PURSUANT
Nick
Nick,

Oh I noticed right away but was waiting to see how the build turned out!!!! ;)

The reasons I ended up choosing that formation are a truly embarrassing indictment of my lack of knowledge when I came back to the hobby about eight years ago. My son was six at the time a wanted to build a model kit..... And the rest is history..... :smiling5:

Keep up the great work.

Andrew

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Nick,

Oh I noticed right away but was waiting to see how the build turned out!!!! ;)

The reasons I ended up choosing that formation are a truly embarrassing indictment of my lack of knowledge when I came back to the hobby about eight years ago. My son was six at the time a wanted to build a model kit..... And the rest is history..... :smiling5:

Keep up the great work.

Andrew
Andrew
I too am fascinated by their history, and most of my Normandy/NWE jones is focused apon them. I mostly get inspired by true accounts or good photos. In the past ive modelled them in 35th.....as below
501535.jpg
20190419_231753.jpg
500922.jpg
501536.jpg
20191002_031907.jpg
23rd Hussars Colleville, Op Epsom.....aftermath (I found the names of units losses this day 29th June, so obscured the tanks 'T' no. in respect)
"The Ultimate Cost of Liberation"
Nick

Attachments

• 20220305_163622.jpg
    20220305_163622.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 3

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
They're very good Nick.

Just got this book on Operation Epsom by coincidence. I picked it up at a recent open day at a book wholesalers near-ish us for only £3.90....a quick check of reviews before I bought it were encouraging but even if it's not, for that price you can't complain.

ATB.

Andrew

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Reccomend any of the Over the Battlefied books, a birds eye view with great personal accounts.:thumb2:
20220419_230144.jpg

Covers all units involved,but aids following the unit across the terrain.
Nick

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Reccomend any of the Over the Battlefied books, a birds eye view with great personal accounts.:thumb2:
View attachment 451339

Covers all units involved,but aids following the unit across the terrain.
Nick

That's the one.... Had meant to post a picture to show you.....doh!!!!

Will have a look at other books on the series too!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry Nick , better late than never I suppose.
Impressive work in that scale , I shall sit and watch .

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew
TAURUS PURSUANT
Nick
Hi Nick

I'm trying to send you a private message but can't....have you got 'conversations' disabled as below?

Thanks.

Andrew

1650809907112.png

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Minor observation, and the solution, the styrene kit wheel are good ....but as with IM limitations the tread is.... vague or wrong.... so DTMW do wheelsets, 2 for Humber kit, Firestone & Dunlop Heavy Utility... and i identified 'my' Humbers' tyre tread patten as being of the Firestone type, which are available (i got 3 of each type, 5 more in stash)....While i was there shopping i also ordered his Cmnwlth Softskins PE detail set, his Tanker crewset #1 & #2, AFPU figure set.... No.19 AFV radio fronts & headphones PE set, lastly his 29th Armd Bde & HQ Sdn 11th Armd Div decalset lol
Gawsh.....
Nick

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nick,
Sorry late to the party. Coming on nicely I built the Bronco version in 35th. I will pull up a chair and follow along.

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Nick,
Sorry late to the party. Coming on nicely I built the Bronco version in 35th. I will pull up a chair and follow along.
Welcome along Scottie, a good steady rising mojo here, and thanks again for pointing me to where the rabble are :smiling5: Am getting a bit nerdy/rivety now, on some details etc....but that's a good thing.....as i am reproducing a moment in time....
I too have built Broncos lil' HSC MKII stunning kit, 60% parts on inside lmao..... a good ref though.
Refreshments in fridge, etc, will get round to building a bar one day lmao.... expect others so elbows out
Nick

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave
One will be onboard early May, so all good then
Nick
Nick

Would you mind letting me know when you've signed up? I have a few questions re 11AD and don't want to clog your thread up. Thanks.

Andrew