Hummer M242 Bushmaster

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Evening people,

Can anyone help please?
I am after some information on the interior of said vehicle, pictures would be better, I've googled it so much I'm hitting the same pages, the books I have don't shed any light either... is there anyone who can help please?

Thank you

Lee

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
This was a vehicle that never went into series production, and so details on it aren’t very thick on the ground. What exactly is it you’re looking for? Most of the interior would be the same as any early hardtop HMMWV, I suspect, with only the turret (hatch?) with gun different, and maybe some ammo stowage in the back?

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This was a vehicle that never went into series production, and so details on it aren’t very thick on the ground. What exactly is it you’re looking for? Most of the interior would be the same as any early hardtop HMMWV, I suspect, with only the turret (hatch?) with gun different, and maybe some ammo stowage in the back?

Hi Jakko, it's mainly the location of thermal imaging screens, radios and fire control system I want as I'm opening the crew area up.

Why this post went to thus section is beyond me?!

Thanks

Lee

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I think that I read an article once about a build of this vehicle, which might have information. However, that must have been 30 years ago, give or take, and unfortunately I don’t remember where I read it (but if I did, I’m bound to still have the magazine in question :smiling3:).

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
If said magazine could be found then fantastic and very much appreciated, if not, I'm back to square one :crying:

Lee