Hummer SIG 2013 Introduction and Rules

P

Polux

Hi to All!

A new year approaches and with him a new SIG!

A fantastic opportunity to learn and share our hobby between all us.

The first model of this year (2013) will be the famous vehicle Hummer of the American Army.

Six months, friends, imagination and many amusement is what we have to create this model!

A risky bet obtain ten members for this challenge, we have obtained it and I'm sure that will be a precedent of future for the near SIGs that wait for us.

Thank you to all and happy modelling!

Hummer SIG Rules

Model- Hummer 966 / 998 / Hummvee M1114.

Scale- You can choice the scale and manufacturer that most interest you.

Paint- Absolutly free, from military camouflages to civilian colors.

Figures- You prefer to give a "human touch" or just hate to paint figures? The choice is in your hands!

Scratch- All kind of scratch is wellcome, but remember to preserve the essence of the vehicle, it must look like a Hummer.

Presentation- On a pedestal of wood, the size and decoration is free.

I'm think don't forget nothing....

Just say is and open SIG, if someone else want to join in, will be more than wellcome!

Questions or suggestions just write here, please.

To end...

Thank you very much to all the inscribed members, without them this SIG would not be possible.

And special thanks for they help and support at Ian M and John (Scale Models).

Best regards

Polux

P

Plastickitbasher

Polux

A quick question just in case I buy them resin and PE add ons are they ok?

Regards

David

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A bit of info. If you are on the fence and trying to find something a bit different...

M56 Coyote Smoke Generator Carrier

M707 Knight HMMWV

M966 HMMWV TOW Armored

M996 Mini-Ambulance, Armored

M997 Maxi-Ambulance, Armored

M998 Cargo/Troop

M998 HMMWV Avenger

M1025 Armament Carrier, Armored

M1026 Armament Carrier, Armored W/W

M1035 Soft-Top Ambulance

M1036 TOW Armored W/W

M1037 S-250/S-788 Shelter Carrier

M1038 Cargo/Troop Carrier W/W

M1042 S-250/S-788 Shelter Carrier W/W

M1043 Armament Carrier, Up-Armored

M1044 Armament Carrier, Up-Armored W/W

M1045 TOW Up-Armored Armor

M1046 TOW Up-Armored Armor W/W

M1069 Tractor for M119 105-mm Gun

M1097 Heavy

M1097 Heavy HMMWV Avenger

M1109 Up-Armored Armament Carrier

Active Denial System

Ground Mobility Vehicle (special ops variant)

IMETS

ZEUS-HLONS

A few you can Google and see if you can scratch your way to one. Its even got me thinking.....

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I told my daughters to buy me a Hummer for Xmas! They know as much about them as I do so I might get an interesting surprise. I did say a model not a real one :smiling3:

Steve

F

Fenlander

This is what I am going with, a Hummer Maxi Ambulance with a twist

A conversion to an IDF (Israeli Defence Force)

Replacement wheels to make them correct. The black ones are the kit supplied parts, the resin ones more appropriate for the conversion

And this is what it (hopefully) may end up like.

Hope this will be suitable, sprue shots etc to follow. There may be some Photo Etch needed as well as Eduard do a set to improve the detail inside the ambulance body.

Problems will be the huge red Star of David on the sides although I think I have a solution to that.

Hope this will be OK?

P

Polux

I would like to comment a thing....

I need your help and sincerity friends.

The English is not my mother language, and I am conscious that often I commit mistakes. And it is very possible that often I am difficult to deal for all you.

I will be been grateful if you comment it, without fear please, only this way I will be able to improve.

And not to give you headaches. ;)

Polux

P

Polux

\ said:
PoluxA quick question just in case I buy them resin and PE add ons are they ok?

Regards

David
Will be fine David, it's Ok.

Polux

P

Polux

\ said:
This is what I am going with, a Hummer Maxi Ambulance with a twist

A conversion to an IDF (Israeli Defence Force)

Replacement wheels to make them correct. The black ones are the kit supplied parts, the resin ones more appropriate for the conversion

And this is what it (hopefully) may end up like.

Hope this will be suitable, sprue shots etc to follow. There may be some Photo Etch needed as well as Eduard do a set to improve the detail inside the ambulance body.

Problems will be the huge red Star of David on the sides although I think I have a solution to that.

Hope this will be OK?
Hi Graham!

A very fine choice! Very interesting conversion.

Time ago I found this thread on other forum (I'm always looking for Landys), and found this one. Could be interesting for you, like inspiration. I know is a Land Rover but the details inside are fine.

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=181150

All the best with it mate!

Polux

Last edited:
P

Polux

\ said:
I told my daughters to buy me a Hummer for Xmas! They know as much about them as I do so I might get an interesting surprise. I did say a model not a real one :smiling3: Steve
I'm sure you will have a nice surprise!

Polux

F

Fenlander

Do not worry about your English Polux, it is not difficult to understand you. Your English is far better than my none existent Spanish :smiling3:

No se preocupe de su Polux inglés, él no es difícil entenderle. Su inglés es lejos mejor que mi ninguno español existente :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
polux your english is very good there are people who live this country who cant speak as well as you

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yes his English is very good, but when he askes that we correct him if he makes a mistake, or we just "Understand" the message even though it is a bit confusing, I feel that it is OK to give Polux the help that he has asked for.

If you feel he needs a pointer just send him a PM and no one will feel put out.

Now can we get back on subject?

Ian M

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Yes his English is very good, but when he askes that we correct him if he makes a mistake, or we just "Understand" the message even though it is a bit confusing, I feel that it is OK to give Polux the help that he has asked for. If you feel he needs a pointer just send him a PM and no one will feel put out.

Now can we get back on subject?

Ian M
OK. But I have just drafted several helpful corrections to his English. His post has disappeared and my Private Message failed.

View attachment 54430

I don't want to waste this effort. How can he be contacted please?

View attachment 56645

PoluxError.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Stevekir. You have used his real name; Polux. You need to send any PM messages to his USER name; Pink Panther.

I have done the self same thing before.

Ian M

P

Polux

Hi to all.

On first January it approaches. And with it, the beginning of the GB. I was wondering if you have already some idea? Or if you are waiting for the arrival of your kits...

I'm eager to begin with all you, and yesterday I went to buy a pedestal of wood for the model, though the measure of the Hummer I don't know, I believe it will be sufficient!

I desire all you have a few agreeable gifts these days of Christmas (not only the Hummer)! Probably that next week has my Hummer. The version M1114, armoured and with turret.... but I don't exactly which color will paint it...

Hope this days you can start to show and open your threads!

Thank you to all

Polux

S

Stevekir

I have been looking at your gallery. Very good detail, especially the weathering.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hey amigo, Father Christmas won't be bringing me a Hummer, so I will have to buy one myself.....I have plenty of time to find and build one, so no rush!

Don't you worry about your english, when you first came on Scale Models you knew very little of our language, but you have learned very quickly and we all understand you perfectly....

Merry Christmas Polux,

Ron

P

Polux

\ said:
Hey amigo, Father Christmas won't be bringing me a Hummer, so I will have to buy one myself.....I have plenty of time to find and build one, so no rush!Don't you worry about your english, when you first came on Scale Models you knew very little of our language, but you have learned very quickly and we all understand you perfectly....

Merry Christmas Polux,

Ron
Hi Ron!

Certain, there is no hurry!! It was not my intention that was looking like it!! I was thinking that it was good a bit of informal chat for all the inscribed members, to "support" the warm engines... ;)

Merry Christmas Ron

Polux

P

Polux

\ said:
I have been looking at your gallery. Very good detail, especially the weathering.
Thank you very much Steve for your comment!!

And for your help with my english too!

Thanks

Polux

M

mobear

hey polux you really dont need that much help,your english is fine,and any problems they get put right from one of us.

mobear