Hurry Up and Wait! Airborne's Mini-Stug Dio!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Very nicely done dio Steve! Lots to look at and plenty of details too. I really like the tarp. Is it made from miliput???

Your title is most fitting and reminds me of my railhead days here in Germany, shipping our tracks to Graf or Hohenfels for training. It was always hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait.......

Prost
Allen

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nicely done dio Steve! Lots to look at and plenty of details too. I really like the tarp. Is it made from miliput???

Your title is most fitting and reminds me of my railhead days here in Germany, shipping our tracks to Graf or Hohenfels for training. It was always hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait.......

Prost
Allen
Wasn't it always? The counterpoint to that is 'On the bus - off the bus! (Ad infinitum - ad nauseum!) Oh to be a Tom again! The tarp is actually a production piece, sourced (I think) from Value Models (I'll check and come back to you). Thanks for your comments! Prost aus!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Cracking scene that. Wait? I'd have just got in and drove it off. :smiling5:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve

Prost
Allen
Those hazy, crazy, (always) summery days on Hohne perhaps --- oh such fun!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
You were a tankie then - maybe a Bonehead or Cherry Picker ... ?
Sadly I was none of the above. Closest thing I've come to wearing a uniform was when I spent a day guarding an Me109 back in the days of my brief reenactment before Covid 19. Cheers John.IMG_1516.PNG

SpitfireAce

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tom
Great picture! Now I'll just back away slowly....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That is a really well put together diorama Steve. Excellent interaction between the figures and the various parts tie together beautifully. First class workmanship.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Sadly I was none of the above. Closest thing I've come to wearing a uniform was when I spent a day guarding an Me109 back in the days of my brief reenactment before Covid 19. Cheers John.View attachment 422421
Now I am envious John! Did you get to climb all over it, sit in the office, close your eyes and imagine ... ?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
That's excellent. Lots of well thought out details raise the dio to another level.
Jim

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Now I am envious John! Did you get to climb all over it, sit in the office, close your eyes and imagine ... ?
It's only a replica but very nicely done. I got to help dismantle it at the end of the day and it all fits onto the back of the trailer.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
It's only a replica but very nicely done. I got to help dismantle it at the end of the day and it all fits onto the back of the trailer.

I've often thought about doing that for a Fw190. Would be my little pet project to play with lol

Steve that is a cracking diorama. Love the figures and weathering.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's a nice piece of work, plenty to enjoy.