I dont know what I'm doing...

Dwayne

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dwayne
So I joined in the hope of some advice. I Have little time for model building which is why the carousel I made for my granddaughter took me about 5 years :anguished:
Anyway I have set myself the task of making a fairground model for all my grandkids and next on the list is a waltzer for my eldest grandson. for those interested I have a video of the completed carousel at carousel video I cant tell you a scale because I dont know I just made it up as I went along.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Welcome to the forum Dwayne. I'm sure people that are far better scratch builders than i shall give you all the advice you need

Dwayne

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dwayne
Thanks I am just having a good look through the forum before I start asking questions. Lots of interesting stuff.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Dwayne. Dave is right, just ask and remember no question is silly.
Everyone on here helps each other, one of us is sure to know.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi mate, it’s much more fun working out issues when you don’t know how to do things in advance :thumb2: Welcome to the forum, by the way. Ask away, you’ll get a lot of advice, theories, and ideas to any problems you come across. Usually at least one of the answers will help you through the problem.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Dwayne you are a good moddeler to build that carousel as my wife jen loves it an the eletrics are very good was it a kit ? but you say you just made it so is it a scratchbuild ?
chris jen

Dwayne

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dwayne
Thank you boatman. No it was completely built from scratch the only thing I cheated on was the horses which I got from ebay they are meant to make rocking horses for model houses. I will show what pictures I have in the relevant forum when I get the chance. The light are controlled by an Arduino reading numbers from a simple text file which means my granddaughter can alter the sequences at will.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thank you boatman. No it was completely built from scratch the only thing I cheated on was the horses which I got from ebay they are meant to make rocking horses for model houses. I will show what pictures I have in the relevant forum when I get the chance. The light are controlled by an Arduino reading numbers from a simple text file which means my granddaughter can alter the sequences at will.
WELL this is a fab build an my wife jen loves it so lookin at this build you are no beginner an yes be nice to see what pics you have on this build
chris

D

Deleted member 5496

So I joined in the hope of some advice. I Have little time for model building which is why the carousel I made for my granddaughter took me about 5 years :anguished:
Anyway I have set myself the task of making a fairground model for all my grandkids and next on the list is a waltzer for my eldest grandson. for those interested I have a video of the completed carousel at carousel video I cant tell you a scale because I dont know I just made it up as I went along.

Dwayne not sure that you need any advice. Look forward to more of your work. Hope you produce builds for us see how you work & make.

Laurie