I have given up on plastic for a bit

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I seem to be having a bad run on plastic at the moment what with the tyres on my porchse and now my canopy on my airfix jaguar doesn't want to fit also I sprayed some matt varnish on my HMS illustrious flight deck and I messed them up so its out with the plastic for a bit so I have decided to strip and rebuild my 1\250 Titanic as there is not a bit of plastic to be seen

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I think you're doing the right thing Peter. It can be easy to get too involved in the hobby and when we are tired we think a few hours building etc will calm us but sometimes it doesn't, something doesn't go right and I think it can snowball. Best to take a break completely or as you say, go back and tidy up.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
i agree, when things dont go right go an do something else instead, come back when the urge returns.........and it will return

im lucky i guess cos i sort get enforced periods of when i cant do any thing, cos of my shift pattern theres 2 seperate weeks in every 5 i am working the late shift.........for some reason i just dont feel like doing anything in the morning, and it works for me cos by the weekend i cant wait to get to the bench and fettle some plastic

First Name
Robert
As they all say try something else and when the bug bores again( it will!!! ) then you can come back refreshed and start again

Regards

Robert

D

Deleted member 3568

Great news for the titanic, look forward to your return to plastic, you will keep us updated on the titanic I hope.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Great news for the titanic, look forward to your return to plastic, you will keep us updated on the titanic I hope.
Its in the boat ship section under the title titanic tidy up