"I think you'll be staying the night !"

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I took a gamble and did something non military for this G.B.

One thing to come out of this build was how much I missed the crack and humorous comments along the way....I know it's not a 'divine right' to get such things, but it's made me realise how much I need them to keep me motivated.

The 'Super Quick' building is first class and a pleasure to put together. If anyone is wanting a quick fix building I recommend getting one.

I used Polystyrene for the initial base, then polyfilla mixed with water and finally dry white powder sprinkled over the whole model. I figured that because of the steep pitch to the roof, there wouldn't be a great thickness of snow on it, so I let the powder naturally gather at the base of the roof where the pitch flattens off a bit. To seal the stuff I sprayed everything with diluted PVA.

The trees are small clippings from my garden, dipped in water, then in white powder.

The car is an old one I found in the loft! I didn't smother it in the white stuff, figuring the owner was kept up all night trying to keep it fairly clear of snow.....Hence the foot prints.

Here is the finish snowed in 'The Swan' Inn.

View attachment 100768

From the pond.

View attachment 100769

From the entrance.

View attachment 100770

The just icing over pond.

View attachment 100771

View attachment 100772

View attachment 100773

View attachment 100774

"My poor motor!"

View attachment 100775

View attachment 100776

A general view.

View attachment 100777

The obligatory mitt!!!

View attachment 100778

There you go. I hope you like this offering. It's been fun bringing it together.

Thanks for looking,

Ron

superquick country pub 027.jpg

superquick country pub 029.jpg

superquick country pub 028.jpg

superquick country pub 031.jpg

superquick country pub 032.jpg

superquick country pub 035.jpg

superquick country pub 037.jpg

superquick country pub 040.jpg

superquick country pub 039.jpg

superquick country pub 047.jpg

superquick country pub 044.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Caledonia

Another masterpiece Ron, love the snow. Remember when I was young, and the amount of snow you have shown was the norm, Thank God for global warming. Cheers Derek

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Love it to bits Ron.

Top notch stuff. and plenty of the white stuff! But not a pizza box in sight...

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks chaps, I appreciate your positive comments.

Derek, sometimes I wish the proper seasons would return, then we would know what to expect - and when!...........There again, perhaps not.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I've not had as much time here recently so I've not been commenting too much. However, in your case Ron, my problem is that I ran out of superlatives for your efforts many, many moons ago.

This one's no exception. I don't think I've seen any better dios than this one. I've seen them just as good - but none better.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers Dave, what a superb post.

Thanks ever so much for your comments.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work Ron, looks and almost feels cold. Not ideal weather for a quick pint down at the Swan pub. Still, if you were going to get stuck anywhere a pub is a great place to do it :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Your Swan is no ugly duckling it turned out great Ron I'm so happy it doesn't snow this much anymore.We now have for seasons in a day sometimes never know what's coming next

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Thanks chaps, I appreciate your positive comments.
Derek, sometimes I wish the proper seasons would return, then we would know what to expect - and when!...........There again, perhaps not.
Brilliant work again Ron. Have you seen the pictures of a snow covered Jerusalem today ? I believe lots of young Middle eastern kids (who am I kidding, adults as well) have just made their first snowman.

D

dubster72

Fantastic Ron! I'm feeling chilly just looking at it, and the little details such as the nearly buried car create the scene so well.

Boddingtons on ice anyone? ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks to all for your posts. I'm chuffed you all like my li'l old pub. It was great fun making it and something different too.....

Boddingtons on ice? Fooee!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
excellent and what a, great job of it,

real like this one Ron,and as always your stills shine,and great use of natural things, ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic job Ron matey, its superbly realistic . I cant think of anything better than getting trapped in a pub , with your good self and all our cosford mates , and when it finally thaws out you can take us out one at a time for a blast in your Lotus esprit!! (youre the designated driver , we'll all be p@&$ ed !) great build , cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I forgot to ask. What's the mysterious 'dry white powder' you used for the snow? Is it just Polyfilla?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks peeps. reading your comments makes for a great start to this miserable, cold ,wet day!

Dave, that's all it is. Just polyfilla powder sprinkled over the model. Then sealed with either a mist of water or you can add a bit of PVA to it.

With this I gradually built up the layers of powder sealing each as I went along....easy peasy!

Thanks again,

Ron