I will return after the battle

P

Polux

The best name for this small tribute it's the Shanina's replay after receiving the order of his Superior to return.

The articles of this diorama will be:

Soviet sniper team WWII 3597 (zvezda) (like John)

German pontoon set 6135 (Dragoon)

My idea is to create a transparent base of a height (8 cm/aprox) to see the whole bottom of the river where there rests the set of crafts and a German dead soldier floating in the water. In a small part of the diorama there will be a small it departs from land with water plants wherefrom Shanina will go out. Probably surprising more is that it will be a diorama of many "light", when the topic sniper looks more for darkness and weathering...

After stopping these hours the forum I will publish the pics and (if I can) some draws to.

Regards

Polux

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi polux , sounds great ,cant wait to see it! , cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Can't wait to see this one Polux, i'm running around trying to find what to build lol.

Have fun, John

B

Boldman

Sounds intriguing. I must admit, I can't find any enthusiasm to build something for this GB, mind you I'll be happy to observe as a bystander.

P

Polux

\ said:
Can't wait to see this one Polux, i'm running around trying to find what to build lol. Have fun, John
I have ideas that I left behind!! Looking for information I found the history of a Russian sniper that caused numerous deaths in a unit panzer that was resting. They were trumping all the attempts of locating it. One morning an accustomed German observer saw to the cold light of the Sun what was seeming to be a smoke that was going out of a Soviet tank T-34 out of combat. It was the breath of the sniper, which for 5 days was surrounded with the dead crew. Not to explain his end...

He was thinking to make the tank and " to cut it " (as catalogue Tamiya) to see his interior. Also a left iron factory (I believe John Huggins mentioned it).

I wait for these ideas could help a bit!!

Regards

Polux

Ps: Andrew I hope you enjoy in don't be a bystander!!

P

Polux

Hi to all!!!

Finally I can publish photos!! The kits even without touching and a drawing of the general idea of the diorama (in english for all). The drawing looks like greatly that of the set of Dragoon, but this weekend I have thought innovations and I will put a vehicle of "command" with two soldiers also dead and way sunk in the river.

Three Shanina's successes!!

Trees and extras there will be according to the size of the transparent platform that I founds, that at the moment I don't obtain.

My apologies Ian. I know now ... (sorry) the first post could have the pics of the kit and the thread it could have my name to. If you want change it, please do it yourself.

Regards

Polux

View attachment 33238View attachment 33239]View attachment 33242View attachment 33240View attachment 33241

View attachment 37941

View attachment 37942

View attachment 37943

View attachment 37944

View attachment 37945

P1010019.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010022.jpg

diorama.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats quite OK Polux, the most important thing is that they are there and you have not started yet.

I like the look of the drawing. A man with a plan, I like that!

Ian M

P

Polux

Don't worry Ian!! I will start at 1 october like everybody!!

The only problem are these 2 weeks, my mind will change the form of dio about ten times...

Regards

R

rogue-one

hi there polux. this looks like it's going to be an action packed great story telling diorama. looking forward to watching it build up.

bobby. ohh, and i thought i would share this picture of a painting of a russian girl. i think its shanina, not sure, but it's still a great bit of art.

View attachment 33517

View attachment 38194

gr8,russian,girl,woman-e712b2750697a5b3e6ac029905d69642_m.jpg

P

Polux

Ho Bobby!!

Thanks for your comments!! Really nice draw, I'm sure she is Shanina (I wish)... And is a perfect image to inspire me!!!

Hi everybody!! It's 1st octuber!!! We can start our dio, all the best for all!!

Have fun.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So what have you been upto today Polux??

Ian M

P

Polux

Hi everybody. Excuse Ian (and all) my delay! Problems to publish photos.

It was predictable, so many days without the model began the head not stop of thinking and it's my first GB … ufff that nerves.

It was the same Saturday morning, was working and I thought: This evening I begin, that well. But I don't like something …. And this way it was, on returning to my house in the mountains I me realized that my diorama was too "straight".:nonono:

I agreed myself that my father had an old bridge that never mounted … .and well ….!

The general idea has not changed by no means, Shanina is the sniper and I obtained this Citroen as car of command (better than the Kubel). The soldier with his boats disappears and I change it for a "house vigilance" of wood. The river now is wilder and the whole place will be mountainous and green.

My only doubt is the position of the car: it can be on the bridge with both dead soldiers in his interior, or way fallen in the river (photo) that would give more action to the diorama. (Advices??):lost:

I believe that the change is good (it forces me to construct more) wait you like my new idea.

It's possible that he places another bigger vehicle (type truck) to fill more everything the set.

View attachment 33907

View attachment 33908

View attachment 33909

View attachment 33910

View attachment 33911

View attachment 33912

View attachment 33913

View attachment 33914

View attachment 33915

Regards

Polux

View attachment 38566

View attachment 38567

View attachment 38568

View attachment 38569

View attachment 38570

View attachment 38571

View attachment 38572

View attachment 38573

View attachment 38574

dio1.jpg

dio2.jpg

dio3.jpg

dio4.jpg

dio5.jpg

dio6.jpg

dio7.jpg

dio8.jpg

dio9.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Polux, how about the car on the bridge, one soldier dead in the car and the other being shot as he runs along the bridge trying to escape

Your idea to change is a good one!

Ron

P

Polux

Where is my text? Ok ... go again! This week I could not have done a lot of (work) and wait this weekend wait to invest mas hours. I have begun Shanina's figure. Here you can see the whole process: to cover cracks with basic type, to stamp with color bases and my invention: the threads. I have cut one to one small chunks and plasters with loctite. The advantage is that the thread absorbs the tail and he becomes on everything rigid. The first color is a green russo. The truth is of that the photo is unworthy a bit, live one sees better!!

Thanks for looking

Polux

Ps: hi Ron thanks for your idea, I like't so much!!!

First Name
Andy
Hi Polux,

This look's like it's going to be yet another one of your great builds, really looking forward to watching this grow to the finish...

Andy...

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great work on the sniper figure Polux.

Like Andy, I will be watching this grow...

Well done so far.

Ron

P

Polux

Thanks Andy and Ron for your encouraging replies, I really appreciate all them!!

Thanks

Polux

Ps: Andy, days ago it wanted to say that I adore the photo of this Land Rover (avatar)

P

Polux

Hi to All!!

Just my weekend work.

I start the car (Really nice kit, I like't so much)

I have modified the belly of the figure of the driver to create the effect of a dead man resting on the steering wheel

I have cut a low part of the bridge to incrust rocks,looking for major realism and promote details

And give a simple color to water flow to differentiate his tour.

Thanks for looking

Rergards

Polux

View attachment 34377View attachment 34378View attachment 34379View attachment 34380View attachment 34381View attachment 34382View attachment 34383

View attachment 38874

View attachment 38875

View attachment 38876

View attachment 38877

View attachment 38878

View attachment 38879

View attachment 38880

dio29.jpg

dio31.jpg

dio32.jpg

dio33.jpg

dio34.jpg