Ian M's 17lb anti tank gun and maybe a tow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I got the shock of my life yesterday; I went to take the kit down to do the box top and sprue shot's to find I didn't have it..... Duh!

There is one winging its way from England as I write. None of the shops over here had one. what ever. Its on its way.

Crew, still looking for those. seems they are sold out every where!!!

A Standard tow for these was either a ford Quad or a Crusader converted to a gun tractor. I have the Quad in the stash but rather fancy the Converted tank.... have to see how well fed the piggy bank is..

So no pictures yet, but at least you know what I will be building. As Its an SIG I might give it the beans this time.....:knitting:

C

CDW

dissapearing boxes eh ian .... puzzling ... you sure non of the other household members are secret modelers ?

Anyway .... the converted Crusader does sound like a nice option ... i take it you'd do the conversion yourself, there are Gun Tractor kits it seems from a little browse around t'interweb.

As far as the crew ... there's the tamiya WW2 25 pdr and crew (model 35046) that you could use the 6 figures out of .... maybe?? (and you'd have a spare 25pdr :smiling3: )

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Me thinks I will build the Gun and see how it goes from there. As I said I have a Quad in the stash and there is even a nice pile of PE from Eduard in the box that I forgot about. (one of the problems of having a stash = keeping up with it).

Accurate Armour do a nice little conversion set for a Crusader Not a cheap solution, but a nice one.

As far as the crew from the 25lb'er they are in desert uniform, just. Might just go for a Green one this time....maybe.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well the 17lb'er arrived today and looks rather nice. I will post the sprue shots later when me finger has stopped throbbing.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sprue shots!!!!

Well as promised the pictures:

View attachment 47534

A nice sturdy box in corrugated card with a nice painting as the box art.

View attachment 47535 View attachment 47536

Loads of bits, all in their own bag which in turn where in a bag!!! talk about well packaged.

View attachment 47537 View attachment 47538 View attachment 47539 View attachment 47540View attachment 47541 View attachment 47542 View attachment 47543View attachment 47544

A few closer views of the sprues. The detail is to put it bluntly bloody wonderful and I have not seen one single bit of flash! There is also two small frets of PE. One of which is for the Ammo set included in the kit.

Ian M

View attachment 50446

View attachment 50447

View attachment 50448

View attachment 50449

View attachment 50450

View attachment 50451

View attachment 50452

View attachment 50453

View attachment 50454

View attachment 50455

View attachment 50456

17lbAT01.jpg

17lbAT02.jpg

17lbAT03.jpg

17lbAT04.jpg

17lbAT05.jpg

17lbAT06.jpg

17lbAT07.jpg

17lbAT08.jpg

17lbAT09.jpg

17lbAT10.jpg

17lbAT11.jpg

C

CDW

Now that looks swish, lovely and clean eh? a nice level of detail too from those pictures.

I was just as impressed with the italeri (academy) Achilles regarding the lack of flash etc.

I've never done a Bronco kit, have seen a few in the LMS that took my fancy, now i know they look like that i may be tempted.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks very good Ian i bet it almost builds itself but with your skills will look great watching with interest

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
This build has been put on hold as I have a few issues with it. Not given up, I have a plan B.....

Ian M

Status
Not open for further replies.